The Student Room Group

Religious education a level aqa

Hi guys,
Just wanted to ask for any tips on how to definitely get a B or maybe an A in re a level.I’m in Year 13 and I want to make sure I do all I can to get the best grades I can.
I don't do AQA. I do Eduqas - but I think they're relatively similar in content etc.

I find it helpful to go through the spec closely and pick out the specific topics they want to be covered in exams. Sometimes teachers get a bit lost, with the best intentions, in knowledge overall instead of exam knowledge (which is excellent for interest, not so much for succeeding all the time)!

Also - try multi-level learning. For example, I tend to watch videos on a subject, read GetRevising notes/resources, try reading and remembering on my whiteboard etc. It will go in at some point, and you'll remember random things in exams.

The main thing I find super useful for revising effectively is ESSAY PLANS. They are a life saver! Just really small ones like:

P1: Sentence starter, scholar, evidence, explanation, evaluation.
P2: Repeat
P3: Repeat

I hope that sort of helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by daisywatson253
I don't do AQA. I do Eduqas - but I think they're relatively similar in content etc.

I find it helpful to go through the spec closely and pick out the specific topics they want to be covered in exams. Sometimes teachers get a bit lost, with the best intentions, in knowledge overall instead of exam knowledge (which is excellent for interest, not so much for succeeding all the time)!

Also - try multi-level learning. For example, I tend to watch videos on a subject, read GetRevising notes/resources, try reading and remembering on my whiteboard etc. It will go in at some point, and you'll remember random things in exams.

The main thing I find super useful for revising effectively is ESSAY PLANS. They are a life saver! Just really small ones like:

P1: Sentence starter, scholar, evidence, explanation, evaluation.
P2: Repeat
P3: Repeat

I hope that sort of helps :smile:

thank you and also do you have any tips for the perceptive discussion part

Quick Reply

Latest