The Student Room Group

Arms got bigger but weigjt same

So I weigh myself quite frequently and the scale sometimes goes up by 500 gram depending on what I eat but if the scale goes up by up to 1kg I ensure to eat in a deficit for the next couple of days and then it goes back down. This may not be healthy but I try to eat within my calorie intake and occasionally in a deficit but since I lost weight last year I’ve noticed now that my arms look bigger but the scale didn’t fluctuate that much? I’m so confused it makes me really insecure :frown: they are fat but look more bulgy but I don’t even work out on them.
Original post by sskeeeeeenggggg
So I weigh myself quite frequently and the scale sometimes goes up by 500 gram depending on what I eat but if the scale goes up by up to 1kg I ensure to eat in a deficit for the next couple of days and then it goes back down. This may not be healthy but I try to eat within my calorie intake and occasionally in a deficit but since I lost weight last year I’ve noticed now that my arms look bigger but the scale didn’t fluctuate that much? I’m so confused it makes me really insecure :frown: they are fat but look more bulgy but I don’t even work out on them.

It might be because you've got leaner so it gives the illusion of your arm being bigger because the muscle is more visible
Reply 2
Maybe you should work them out. I think super-hannah is on to something with you being leaner so they look bigger, but it's not terribly difficult to get some tone and shape them up. Stay positive and the results with come with consistent work!

Quick Reply

Latest