The Student Room Group

What career are you studying towards?

Hi everyone, I just came onto here to read what everyone is considering to do when they leave school. Very curious :biggrin:
I am an aspiring Vet and I am aiming to go to RVC (Royal Veterinary College of London) and I am currently in Year 11 studying towards my GCSE's. My options I take for GCSE are Art, Geography and Construction. At the time of choosing my options for my GCSE's, I wanted to become an Architect, however that has changed. I want to go to college and study Chemistry, Biology, and another subject in which I have not made a decision of yet. I don't know if I should Physics or Animal Care.
What's everyone else's aspirations???

Scroll to see replies

Investment banking! I'm going to uni to do economics + maths : )

Best of Luck in the Future
Original post by TylerJNunn
Hi everyone, I just came onto here to read what everyone is considering to do when they leave school. Very curious :biggrin:
I am an aspiring Vet and I am aiming to go to RVC (Royal Veterinary College of London) and I am currently in Year 11 studying towards my GCSE's. My options I take for GCSE are Art, Geography and Construction. At the time of choosing my options for my GCSE's, I wanted to become an Architect, however that has changed. I want to go to college and study Chemistry, Biology, and another subject in which I have not made a decision of yet. I don't know if I should Physics or Animal Care.

Medicine! In year 13, now trying to get the grades! Best of luck :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by NellyCormack04
Investment banking! I'm going to uni to do economics + maths : )

Best of Luck in the Future

How nice! I hope you have the best future you can ask for.
Reply 4
Original post by CatInTheCorner
Medicine! In year 13, now trying to get the grades! Best of luck :smile:

Oooo, nice! I am doing Veterinary Medicine so our courses will be similar in some ways! What A-Levels are you taking? And what career in Medicine are you studying towards?
Oooo, nice! I am doing Veterinary Medicine so our courses will be similar in some ways! What A-Levels are you taking? And what career in Medicine are you studying towards?

Lovely! I'm taking biology, chemistry and maths. I'd like paediatrics perhaps, not sure atm!
My daughter (Year 11) doesn't know exactly what she wants to do. Until recently she wanted to be a criminal psychologist, but after 3 months of studying GCSE psychology she realised she hates it, so she dropped that subject and changed path entirely.
She knows she wants to do either Classical Civilisation or Ancient History at uni, but after that she's not sure what she wants to do. Something in that field anyway.
I'm planning myself to set up a home tutoring (online) business, teaching GCSE and A Level Classical Civilisation, Latin, and so on (I'm a 2nd year Classical Studies undergrad at the moment). I've asked her how she would feel about joining me in that venture, and she's considering the proposition.

My son (Year 10) until recently wanted to be a police officer, but now he wants to study Esports instead. I don't really know what he'll end up doing for his work. We'll see.

Year 7 son wants to go into game design and development. No hesitation, he's brilliant at both coding and 3D modelling, and it's his passion. I don't think there's going to be anything that will change his mind - he's quite driven.

Year 4 son wants to be a vet, but as he's 8 that could very well change.
Reply 7
Original post by CatInTheCorner
Lovely! I'm taking biology, chemistry and maths. I'd like paediatrics perhaps, not sure atm!

I wish you the best of luck for the future :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
My daughter (Year 11) doesn't know exactly what she wants to do. Until recently she wanted to be a criminal psychologist, but after 3 months of studying GCSE psychology she realised she hates it, so she dropped that subject and changed path entirely.
She knows she wants to do either Classical Civilisation or Ancient History at uni, but after that she's not sure what she wants to do. Something in that field anyway.
I'm planning myself to set up a home tutoring (online) business, teaching GCSE and A Level Classical Civilisation, Latin, and so on (I'm a 2nd year Classical Studies undergrad at the moment). I've asked her how she would feel about joining me in that venture, and she's considering the proposition.

My son (Year 10) until recently wanted to be a police officer, but now he wants to study Esports instead. I don't really know what he'll end up doing for his work. We'll see.

Year 7 son wants to go into game design and development. No hesitation, he's brilliant at both coding and 3D modelling, and it's his passion. I don't think there's going to be anything that will change his mind - he's quite driven.

Aww! It seems that your kids are aspiring to do great things in life. Classical Civilisation seems like a very interesting subject to learn about, and I think that you tutoring it will be amazing. Best of luck :smile:
I wish you the best of luck for the future :smile:

You too!
Aww! It seems that your kids are aspiring to do great things in life. Classical Civilisation seems like a very interesting subject to learn about, and I think that you tutoring it will be amazing. Best of luck :smile:

Thank you :smile: Best of luck to you too
I am in year 11, and I am an aspiring theoretical physicist! Love physics and mathematics, so want to take physics, maths, further mathematics after gcse

midwifery! i wanna do biology, sociology and geography or history for a level.
Reply 13
Original post by Username13rajan
I am in year 11, and I am an aspiring theoretical physicist! Love physics and mathematics, so want to take physics, maths, further mathematics after gcse

Wow! That's amazing, good luck to you and I wish you the best!!
Reply 14
Original post by vee_mullaaa
midwifery! i wanna do biology, sociology and geography or history for a level.

Nice! i am considering taking Geography as an A-Level
Reply 15

I want to study a degree (MSci) in Biomedical Sciences and go into the drug discovery and development field - Doing Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Further Maths for A-Level :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)

I also want to be a vet! I am in S4 and working towards National 5s I am taking all the sciences maths, english, history and applications of maths. If you wanna be a vet make sure you get lots of work experience. Animal Care isn't offered here which is a shame because it sounds like a lot of fun.
I want to be an engineer or astrophysicist, but have a business as well. I want to take Physics, Maths and computer science... :smile: Good luck!
Original post by PinkMobilePhone

Your son in y7 does coding... how long did it take him to learn? I really want to learn coding as well, but I have been doing really little about it, my mind gets bored, but I know it's going to be super useful, and it sounds amazing. Trying to learn html at least :smile:
I’m hoping to become a Dental Hygienist, I’m currently a Dental Nurse, doing A-level Biology and Level 4 Enhanced Dental Nursing :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest