The Student Room Group

what to focus on?

I need to raise my grade so I can do a level math but I got a 5.
What would you say are the most common topics that come up in the exam papers.I will be going over all content but want to know what the key topics to perfect are.
I would recommend that you do a past paper, from physic and maths tutor.com, under timed conditions. After that, you should identify which topics you are weakest on.

Once you find the topic, do more questions on this topic: either use past papers by topic that you can find on physics and maths tutor, or use your text book to do more questions.

Repeat with another past paper, up until you can get a satisfactory grade.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by CaptainDuckie
I would recommend that you do a past paper, from physic and maths tutor.com, under timed conditions. After that, you should identify which topics you are weakest on.

Once you find the topic, do more questions on this topic: either use past papers by topic that you can find on physics and maths tutor, or use your text book to do more questions.

but isnt it pointless if i dont know most of the content.lol
Reply 3

actually nevermind that was really dumb lmaooo
Original post by _29makky
but isnt it pointless if i dont know most of the content.lol

No where in your original post does it say this.
Reply 5
No where in your original post does it say this.

huh what do you mean?
Original post by _29makky
I need to raise my grade so I can do a level math but I got a 5.
What would you say are the most common topics that come up in the exam papers.I will be going over all content but want to know what the key topics to perfect are.

Here's a good YouTuber that covers all the GCSE content https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7O6CcKg0HaEOD5XFd62aDENRjKSx1ybz
I would also check out TL maths.

Higher and better grades occur when you invest your time into a subject. So spend some time looking into past papers, seeing what you can and can't answer under timed conditions and keep practicing. You have the time now, utilise it my friend :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest