The Student Room Group

Relationship

so in April of 2021 my daughter was 14 and she got with a boy who was 17. In July of 2021 turned 18 and then 6 months later jan of 2022 mu daughter turned 15. We.live in the state of ohio. Since they were already dating and together before he turned 18 could he still het into trouble? Me and my mother consent to them being together as well. I just don't want to see the boy get into any trouble for them being together because he is a great kid.
Reply 1
If they’re having sex then under Ohio law it’s statutory rape.
Original post by jayls
If they’re having sex then under Ohio law it’s statutory rape.

Even they were together before he turned 18 and she consents and I give consent for them to be together?
Original post by amberdobbs31
so in April of 2021 my daughter was 14 and she got with a boy who was 17. In July of 2021 turned 18 and then 6 months later jan of 2022 mu daughter turned 15. We.live in the state of ohio. Since they were already dating and together before he turned 18 could he still het into trouble? Me and my mother consent to them being together as well. I just don't want to see the boy get into any trouble for them being together because he is a great kid.

I feel like this is creepy, but hey, you know the situation better than me. As above, if things get sexual then yes, action can be taken. Legally, she can’t consent. Just make sure that no red flags emerge in the relationship. I’ve been around a relationship at my school with a similar age gap and it started off looking okay, but the red flags came out and it didn’t end well.

In regards to asking in general, this is a UK-based forum, so you won’t get many people who know much about Ohio state law.
Reply 4
Original post by amberdobbs31
Even they were together before he turned 18 and she consents and I give consent for them to be together?

Yes.
I am just wanting to know because I don't want to see the boy to get into trouble. And when I was 14 myself I got with a man who was 18 and ended up pregnant. This was in 2006. The state ended up picking it up and my husband who was the father of the daughter im taking about above got in trouble. He got charged with a felony for engaging in sexual conduct with minor girlfriend. He ended up having to register as a sex offender. But the court system said what got him trouble was because we were 4 years and 20 something days apart. Had that 20 something days not have been between us then it would have been fine and he would have ever gotten into trouble. That was on record by the judge. So I don't think the boys she is seeing would get into trouble. And nobody is telling on him or trying to get him in trouble or anything like that. He's a great kid still in high-school and me and my mother both like him and approvenof my daughter dating him. So when I think back about what happened with my situation and what was said and that was back in 2006. I don't think my daughters boyfriend would get into any trouble for being with her.
Ok thank you all for your help

Quick Reply