The Student Room Group

Opthalmic Dispensing-college HELP

Hi guys. I hope everyone is well.

I have an offer from a college, however the requiremnets state CC, and one subject must be a science.

I wanted to ask, if worse case scenario I got a CE and the E was in the science subject would they likely reject me?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Sparklemist
Hi guys. I hope everyone is well.

I have an offer from a college, however the requiremnets state CC, and one subject must be a science.

I wanted to ask, if worse case scenario I got a CE and the E was in the science subject would they likely reject me?

Hey! I think this is totally a case-by-case situation. You should wait till the result day and work towards the offer they have placed. Usually, most colleges participate in clearing so you might still get a place for your course if you do not meet the offer. However, having said that it is quite tedious to go through the entire process.
Definitely ask around and research such cases for your college specifically and hopefully everything will work around in the end!
Original post by Eatingorsleeping
Hey! I think this is totally a case-by-case situation. You should wait till the result day and work towards the offer they have placed. Usually, most colleges participate in clearing so you might still get a place for your course if you do not meet the offer. However, having said that it is quite tedious to go through the entire process.
Definitely ask around and research such cases for your college specifically and hopefully everything will work around in the end!

Hey ty for the reply. In my offer letter they put if not all conditions are met that I should call and I could be put on an alternative course. What does this mean?
Original post by Sparklemist
Hey ty for the reply. In my offer letter they put if not all conditions are met that I should call and I could be put on an alternative course. What does this mean?

This basically means the university is open for clearing and you can be put in an alternative course, probably from similar streams but not the same course you applied for. In cases like this you can usually switch back to your original course, if modules align, after the first year if you make your case.
Original post by Eatingorsleeping
This basically means the university is open for clearing and you can be put in an alternative course, probably from similar streams but not the same course you applied for. In cases like this you can usually switch back to your original course, if modules align, after the first year if you make your case.

Thank you. What do you mean by switching back to the original course?

Quick Reply

Latest