The Student Room Group

Is this classed as stalking?

So this guy I was friends with I basically ended our friendship because I didn't like the way he acted etc. This was done before Christmas.

Recently, as I have been driving around I see this guy around the area I live, and you probs wondering obvs he is driving to get to places etc. Except he doesn't live in my area it takes him half an hour to get to where I live.

I have been making mental notes on how many times I have seen him, and it nearly every day I see him driving not only in my area but on my f**king Street. It had made me feel anxious and paranoid when I'm driving, I feel like I'm being watched.

Any advise on what I should do?
It does seem quite fishy for someone to do that but there could be many reasons for him to do so maybe to see someone that lives by or some such . its not really stalking if he has not approached or tried to make any conversation / approach towards you .

Has he ever seen you and tried to come to you or talk to you even online ?
It does seem fishy but he could be there to see someone else or such that may just live local to you , i wouldnt see it as stalking if he hasnt tried to approach you or make an interaction with you ,

when youve seen him has he even seen you back and tried to talk to you or even try contact you online?
i guess if he kept appearing and even outside your house waites or such and online then it could be more on the stalking side however im not too sure the real def of stalking i think im right though
Reply 3
Original post by Ammz_123
It does seem fishy but he could be there to see someone else or such that may just live local to you , i wouldnt see it as stalking if he hasnt tried to approach you or make an interaction with you ,

when youve seen him has he even seen you back and tried to talk to you or even try contact you online?
i guess if he kept appearing and even outside your house waites or such and online then it could be more on the stalking side however im not too sure the real def of stalking i think im right though

Well he won't be able to talk to me online because I have blocked him from everything
Original post by Anonymous
Well he won't be able to talk to me online because I have blocked him from everything

apologises for two replies it didnt seem saved for me ,

well if thats the case if his not directly approached you or seen you then no its not
Reply 5
Record on phone bulid up evidence
Reply 6
It does seem unusual and that he might have a bit of an obsession. Unless he tries to make contact or spy I imagine it’s quite difficult to challenge as he not doing anything wrong. I would keep some records and if you continue to see him regularly, and particularly if you feel he might harm you, get some advice from the police. Hopefully they will be quite sensitive to these concerns
Original post by Zarek
It does seem unusual and that he might have a bit of an obsession. Unless he tries to make contact or spy I imagine it’s quite difficult to challenge as he not doing anything wrong. I would keep some records and if you continue to see him regularly, and particularly if you feel he might harm you, get some advice from the police. Hopefully they will be quite sensitive to these concerns

Exactly, if it is truly something like this then its best to get some records (as evidence) and contact the police to get some advice, you could also tell somebody you trust if it really scares you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending