The Student Room Group

Given an sti, passed it on

Okay I’ve been seeing this guy for 6 months very often. I went on holiday for a month a re connected with someone and slept with them. During s e x with them the second time it was so painful I cried. I was going back to my country the next day. Ever since I have had such bad pain like a knife is inside my v a g I n a. This was happening for 4 days so I couldn’t handle the pain and went to the hospital the woman said it seems like a UTI then she had a look down there and said it’s an STI!! She told me to go to the sexual health clinic which I have booked and they said Monday. I’m so scared she also said I couldn’t have got this from the most recent guy because I looked very soar and patchy white spots down there. It hurts so bad I’m taking co codamol which has codiene but feel like I need stronger meds.
I told the guy I was seeing for 6 months Snd I was angry I said he must have given it to me. He said he don’t think so because he hasn’t been with anyone and he has no symptoms but I try to express that u don’t need symptoms.
Reply 1
We’ve got into an argument about it. Because I’m now stressed incase ive passed it on to the guy I re connected with on holiday. Which I’ve known for a while but first time sleeping with him
Just an FYI if you take codeine for more than a few days you're gonna have some disgustingly bad withdrawal symptoms when you stop taking it. I took it for less than a week after an operation and the withdrawals were worse than the actual pain from the operation I was taking it for.
Are you sure it was from him and not the new guy? Or maybe he slept with someone behind your back and is getting defensive because he doesn’t want to admit he gave you an STD, who knows.
Either way the most important thing is YOUR health, whatever happened has happened, I hope you get better soon!
Reply 4
Original post by Gragha20
Are you sure it was from him and not the new guy? Or maybe he slept with someone behind your back and is getting defensive because he doesn’t want to admit he gave you an STD, who knows.
Either way the most important thing is YOUR health, whatever happened has happened, I hope you get better soon!

doctor had a look and said he is sure its herpes. and it cannot have been from the new guy because its too quick of a timeframe. im so upset ive been crying ever since and my mental health is f'ed up from this.
Original post by Anonymous
doctor had a look and said he is sure its herpes. and it cannot have been from the new guy because its too quick of a timeframe. im so upset ive been crying ever since and my mental health is f'ed up from this.

Herpes symptoms can show after like 2 days?

I got herpes symptoms less than 2 days after having sex - had sex on Friday night and already had blisters by Sunday morning.
Reply 7
Herpes symptoms can show after like 2 days?

well i felt pain during first time sex with him. intense pain so yeah the doctor said theres no way its from him.
Reply 8
I got herpes symptoms less than 2 days after having sex - had sex on Friday night and already had blisters by Sunday morning.

did you test positive?
well i felt pain during first time sex with him. intense pain so yeah the doctor said theres no way its from him.

Oh fair enough! Thing with herpes is a lot of people have no symptoms at all, so whoever gave it to you may genuinely be clueless
We’ve got into an argument about it. Because I’m now stressed incase ive passed it on to the guy I re connected with on holiday. Which I’ve known for a while but first time sleeping with him

You should let that person know so he can get checked out.Otherwise he could pass it on to someone else and so on.
did you test positive?

yeah
Listen, relax. Calm down. I promise you it’s not a big deal at all. Only the first outbreak is painful and horrible.

I had one outbreak around 4 years ago. I’ve never had another one and I’m not even on regular medication. My current partner, who’s been with me for 2 years has never had an outbreak even though we have been having unprotected sex this whole time.

I know you feel guilty about passing it on. I felt like crap when I first found out and thought I’ll never be able to date again, but honestly I sometimes forget I even have it now because I’ve never had to deal with it again.
Listen, relax. Calm down. I promise you it’s not a big deal at all. Only the first outbreak is painful and horrible.

I had one outbreak around 4 years ago. I’ve never had another one and I’m not even on regular medication. My current partner, who’s been with me for 2 years has never had an outbreak even though we have been having unprotected sex this whole time.

I know you feel guilty about passing it on. I felt like crap when I first found out and thought I’ll never be able to date again, but honestly I sometimes forget I even have it now because I’ve never had to deal with it again.

Hey I got my results and I tested negative! I don’t know what the hell the blister was and the pain I felt was out of this world. I don’t know what it was.
Hey I got my results and I tested negative! I don’t know what the hell the blister was and the pain I felt was out of this world. I don’t know what it was.

It may be Contact Dermatitis. It can cause blisters and is often confused with herpes

Quick Reply

Latest