The Student Room Group

Political developments in Germany 1890-1914

Hi everyone, so for my, A level History MOCK in March, one of our bullet points to revise is 'Political developments in Germany 1890-1914', and I'm not sure what to particularly revise, as another topic we have to revise is 'Political authority 1890-1914', so I'm not sure how to distinguish between the two. Can anyone help?
Reply 1
https://www.stuvia.com/doc/1429202/aqa-history-german-democracy-and-nazism-year-12-revision-notes this should help

political developments- abdication of kaiser- appointment of ebert

ebert groener pact

left and right

spartacist, kapp putsch, occupation of ruhr,
stresemann
Reply 2
Original post by Grace Appleby
Hi everyone, so for my, A level History MOCK in March, one of our bullet points to revise is 'Political developments in Germany 1890-1914', and I'm not sure what to particularly revise, as another topic we have to revise is 'Political authority 1890-1914', so I'm not sure how to distinguish between the two. Can anyone help?

the stuvia notes, i've used and they are extremely, extremely helpful. Well worth it for the price
I would imagine that political developments would perhaps be things like Reichstag deputies getting paid from 1906 (?) and therefore allowing politics to move away from being completely dominated by the Junkers? Perhaps that could also cover the rise of the SPD?

Political authority I see as being held by the Kaiser for the majority of that period. Perhaps you could say something about the Reichstag having less authority because didn't they try and pass a vote of no confidence over one of the chancellors but it didn't do anything?

Quick Reply

Latest