The Student Room Group

i think ive been underpaid student maintenance

i was expecting my maintenance to be a little bit higher but i think it because my mum didn't fill in her form to support my application. she was going to but forgot and then i got my maintenance letter through the post. do u think this could have had an effect?
Original post by Bombb21
i was expecting my maintenance to be a little bit higher but i think it because my mum didn't fill in her form to support my application. she was going to but forgot and then i got my maintenance letter through the post. do u think this could have had an effect?

Hi there, how much have you been awarded?

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi there, how much have you been awarded?

Thanks, Isaac

i got just over 3 grand, I'm doing a foundation year so i will only get paid for 2 semesters and not 3 but i still feel like i should have been given the maximum amount as our household financial situation isn't that great. my mum didn't get a chance to send in her documents so I'm not sure if this had any effect on my maintenance. does this sound okay to you or should i speak to someone?
Original post by Bombb21
i got just over 3 grand, I'm doing a foundation year so i will only get paid for 2 semesters and not 3 but i still feel like i should have been given the maximum amount as our household financial situation isn't that great. my mum didn't get a chance to send in her documents so I'm not sure if this had any effect on my maintenance. does this sound okay to you or should i speak to someone?

Was it £3,516?

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Isaac
Was it £3,516?

Thanks, Isaac

I think so yes
Original post by Bombb21
I think so yes

Hi there,

In this case, you have been awarded the basic rate of Maintenance Loan that is not based on household income. If your mum is going to support your application she can still complete and upload the PFF2 form. You have up to 9 months from the start of the academic year to apply to be income assessed.

Thanks, Amy
Reply 6
Original post by Amy SFE
Hi there,

In this case, you have been awarded the basic rate of Maintenance Loan that is not based on household income. If your mum is going to support your application she can still complete and upload the PFF2 form. You have up to 9 months from the start of the academic year to apply to be income assessed.

Thanks, Amy

Ohh okay thanks for letting me know, I will try to sort this out
Original post by Bombb21
Ohh okay thanks for letting me know, I will try to sort this out

You're welcome 😊 If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thanks, Amy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending