The Student Room Group

Social motivational factors in health

Hi, I am being asked to describe the role of social motivational factors in health and ill health on an assignment and I am so confused! Does anyone have any tips for me at all? It also wants me to refer to the care of dementia patients somewhere in there. Any help would be greatly appreciated! x

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elliebeth_x
Hi, I am being asked to describe the role of social motivational factors in health and ill health on an assignment and I am so confused! Does anyone have any tips for me at all? It also wants me to refer to the care of dementia patients somewhere in there. Any help would be greatly appreciated! x

Social motivation factors can be :- They can include things like your education level, your exposure to violence, the way your community is designed, and if you have access to health care. These factors affect your ability to take part in healthy behaviors, and this affects your health.

Dementia care you can research this.

I'm a NHS registered midwife but I quoting in a adult nurse who maybe be able to help more !!!

@Emily_B
Reply 2
Thank you unreal amounts Tracey! This distant learning is really taking it out of me sometimes and muddling my head, I appreciate this advice! X
Reply 3

Basically what Tracey said!
Do you have an assignment brief, assignment guidance and module learning outcomes? These will help us help you.
Thank you unreal amounts Tracey! This distant learning is really taking it out of me sometimes and muddling my head, I appreciate this advice! X

You welcome Elizabeth x
I heard that those online courses are stressful
You just have to research the stuff they give you to do and if stuck as likes of myself or @Emily_B and we'll try to help best we can OK.

Eventually when you get into university you'll find things at times stressful but not as bad as what you doing with a online distant course as at least at university & placements you'll have someone to ask for help. Xx

As Emily said some more information would help us better to help you.

Hi Elliebeth, how did you get on with this? I just got my assignment and failed the unit. The tutor was a bit cryptic in what i need to do and when I asked for further clarification, he esstentially regurgitated what he said first tie round and I no closer to understanding. Did your assessment also have the timed assessment? I went into meltdown on this and was also failed
Reply 6
Original post by Jgrim88
Hi Elliebeth, how did you get on with this? I just got my assignment and failed the unit. The tutor was a bit cryptic in what i need to do and when I asked for further clarification, he esstentially regurgitated what he said first tie round and I no closer to understanding. Did your assessment also have the timed assessment? I went into meltdown on this and was also failed

I am currently on the same unit as this and clearly on the same online course. I also find the tutors to be difficult to contact/hard to gain more feedback from after the initial feedback is given. Im struggling with unit 13 and was wondering if you guys have any information or sources I can look at? Also what is the timed assessment consisting of?
Original post by CM.
I am currently on the same unit as this and clearly on the same online course. I also find the tutors to be difficult to contact/hard to gain more feedback from after the initial feedback is given. Im struggling with unit 13 and was wondering if you guys have any information or sources I can look at? Also what is the timed assessment consisting of?

The main part for the actual report I just got all my information online. The timed assessment is about micro/macro settings. My tutor said I didn't focus on the dr/patient relationship but I can't for the life of me find anything online about dr/patient relationship in a macro setting. I really need to resubmit this but I'm really worried about missing the mark again and tanking the whole course
Reply 8
Original post by Jgrim88
The main part for the actual report I just got all my information online. The timed assessment is about micro/macro settings. My tutor said I didn't focus on the dr/patient relationship but I can't for the life of me find anything online about dr/patient relationship in a macro setting. I really need to resubmit this but I'm really worried about missing the mark again and tanking the whole course

Dr/patient relationship is seen as micro as it’s a small social interaction I think whereas macro is society as a whole. I’m still on the report but finding the study materials they’ve given to not contain much info? I know the one resubmission is hard especially when it’s difficult to get more feedback from the tutors. Distanced learning is so much harder than I thought as you don’t have anyone to ask questions to or bounce off
Original post by CM.
Dr/patient relationship is seen as micro as it’s a small social interaction I think whereas macro is society as a whole. I’m still on the report but finding the study materials they’ve given to not contain much info? I know the one resubmission is hard especially when it’s difficult to get more feedback from the tutors. Distanced learning is so much harder than I thought as you don’t have anyone to ask questions to or bounce off

It really is difficult. I'm hoping it'll be better at uni! That's what I thought about the macro but that's exactly what he failed me because I didnt go into detail about the dr/patient relationship! I don't think he has a clue this guy. He also failed my report because I had no mention of proactive care but I had a part about a cpa plan (care programme approach) which is exactly what proactive care is about. I know this because I deal with them on a daily basis. I'm seriously on the edge because if he fails me again it's nearly a year of my life wasted, with no prospect of uni and money down the drain
Reply 10
Original post by Jgrim88
It really is difficult. I'm hoping it'll be better at uni! That's what I thought about the macro but that's exactly what he failed me because I didnt go into detail about the dr/patient relationship! I don't think he has a clue this guy. He also failed my report because I had no mention of proactive care but I had a part about a cpa plan (care programme approach) which is exactly what proactive care is about. I know this because I deal with them on a daily basis. I'm seriously on the edge because if he fails me again it's nearly a year of my life wasted, with no prospect of uni and money down the drain

I’ve had a tutor like that on another unit and almost requested someone else to give a second opinion but instead ended up back and forth over email with him for ages and just kept asking until he answered my questions. I think we both seem pretty much in the same boat as I’m also applying/interviewing for uni at the moment and relying on passing this course to get in. Just make sure you don’t resubmit until you have all the answers you need to your feedback and don’t worry about pestering them because that’s what they should be there for! Dr/patient relationship is definitely micro as it states that in the first video of the study materials so definitely question that as well
Original post by CM.
I’ve had a tutor like that on another unit and almost requested someone else to give a second opinion but instead ended up back and forth over email with him for ages and just kept asking until he answered my questions. I think we both seem pretty much in the same boat as I’m also applying/interviewing for uni at the moment and relying on passing this course to get in. Just make sure you don’t resubmit until you have all the answers you need to your feedback and don’t worry about pestering them because that’s what they should be there for! Dr/patient relationship is definitely micro as it states that in the first video of the study materials so definitely question that as well

This is what he has literally just emailed back with:-
So you need to have another look at what micro factors/analysis actually means. Then compare it with micro.

Some of the factors you'll find will impact upon any relationship e.g. environment, so you should be able to carry on from that starting point.

I don't know if it's me being stupid but I am really not grapsing this at all. It's literally as clear as mud
Reply 12
Original post by Jgrim88
This is what he has literally just emailed back with:-
So you need to have another look at what micro factors/analysis actually means. Then compare it with micro.

Some of the factors you'll find will impact upon any relationship e.g. environment, so you should be able to carry on from that starting point.

I don't know if it's me being stupid but I am really not grapsing this at all. It's literally as clear as mud

Yeah that feedback is completely useless I can see why your frustrated. The only thing I found useful in the study materials on micro/macro approaches was the videos so maybe try and search some more of those. Start with identifying what micro and macro analysis is. Then try and find how macro analysis affects micro. That’s the only thing I can take from that feedback which like you said is clear as mud!
Original post by CM.
Yeah that feedback is completely useless I can see why your frustrated. The only thing I found useful in the study materials on micro/macro approaches was the videos so maybe try and search some more of those. Start with identifying what micro and macro analysis is. Then try and find how macro analysis affects micro. That’s the only thing I can take from that feedback which like you said is clear as mud!

Thanks. I'll give it a go tonight. I honestly don't know how they expect us to do it like this. At least in uni you have a tutor there and other students you can bounce ideas off. With this you have to trawl the Web to see if anyone else is struggling 😂 let me know how you get on with yours and I'll let you know if I flunk the course 😭
Reply 14
Original post by Jgrim88
Thanks. I'll give it a go tonight. I honestly don't know how they expect us to do it like this. At least in uni you have a tutor there and other students you can bounce ideas off. With this you have to trawl the Web to see if anyone else is struggling 😂 let me know how you get on with yours and I'll let you know if I flunk the course 😭

The amount of time I’ve spent online trying to find other people on this course is a joke😂 I’m on the last part of my report so hopefully once I submit it I don’t end up with your nightmare tutor! You won’t fail it don’t worry!!
Original post by CM.
The amount of time I’ve spent online trying to find other people on this course is a joke😂 I’m on the last part of my report so hopefully once I submit it I don’t end up with your nightmare tutor! You won’t fail it don’t worry!!

What course are you doing? Is it the Learn Direct Access to Nursing?
Reply 16
Original post by Jgrim88
What course are you doing? Is it the Learn Direct Access to Nursing?

Yeah, it’s so much harder than I thought it would be! I’m assuming your the same?
Original post by CM.
Yeah, it’s so much harder than I thought it would be! I’m assuming your the same?

Yep. At least we have found ourselves an ally now though. I wasn't too bad until I hit this topic. At least I know to stay away from sociology in future 😂
Reply 18
Original post by Jgrim88
Yep. At least we have found ourselves an ally now though. I wasn't too bad until I hit this topic. At least I know to stay away from sociology in future 😂

I know thank god! I think I was a bit naive and thought I would be able to power through it in a few months🤦🏼*♀️ Can’t wait to see the back of it 😂
Original post by CM.
I know thank god! I think I was a bit naive and thought I would i be able to power through it in a few months🤦🏼*♀️ Can’t wait to see the back of it 😂

I started in March and planned to have it done by new year 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending