The Student Room Group

A-level History Study Group 2022

Welcome to the A-level History Study Group! :woo:

This is where you can chat to others students taking your subject as you prepare for your A-level exams this summer

What can I do in these groups?

Almost anything! If you need help with a certain topic, want to rant about something you are struggling with or just want to support other students who are trying to prepare, this is the place for you. We want these to be a useful place for everyone no matter what you're looking for! :smile:

What can't I do in these groups?

Asking or offering copyright papers is against our site rules, and so is taking conversation off-site to do these things. Any posts doing this will be removed. That's the only rule :naughty:

Ice Breaker questions if you want to use them!

> What exam board are you on? (Vote in the poll as well!)

> What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?

> What areas are you struggling with a little?

> Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare?

Specifications:

AQA - History 7042

Edexcel - History 9H10

OCR- History A

WJEC - History

Advance Information:

AQA - History 7042

Edexcel - History 9H10

OCR- History A

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yes:
(edited 2 years ago)
Keeping this space for a list of resources or study tools that are recommended in this thread:
Hi everyone!

Hope your studies are going well! This is just a quick reminder that the exams’ additional information is due to be released soon, so keep an eye out for updates about which topics your exams will be focused on.

What topics would you like to see come up this year? Is there anything that you hope won’t make it onto the paper? Do let us know!

Best of luck with your revision!

MP :smile:
Original post by Mythical Pingu
Hi everyone!

Hope your studies are going well! This is just a quick reminder that the exams’ additional information is due to be released soon, so keep an eye out for updates about which topics your exams will be focused on.

What topics would you like to see come up this year? Is there anything that you hope won’t make it onto the paper? Do let us know!

Best of luck with your revision!

MP :smile:

the worst combination of 25 markers for me on the history AQA 2E would be
- 1625-29 looking at parliamentary radicalism
- 1629-40 looking at Charles finances (the easier ones would be looking at either Wentworth or laud)
- 1641-2 looking at pym bc I cannot even remember anything other than his involvement in 'bill of attainder' against Strafford
- 1642-6 significance of any specific battle e.g. "the battle of naseby was a turning point - assess validity" (I think id actually breakdown mid exam lol)
- 1646-9 anything on the politicisation of the new model army because how do you not turn that into a narrative
- 1649-60 worried because we haven't even finished it yet
Reply 4
what the hell, for topic 1d - the civil war topic how the hell has they taken the most IMPORTANT TOPIC OUT. the civil I mean the entire subject is based around the civil war. Aqa need to sort their brains out I mean I would understand if you took out personal rule but civil war everything is based around that. I dont think any student studying this topic hasnt learnt about the civil war it slike baking a cake and forgetting the chocolate and flour = no cakesort ur life out AQA i need to actually pass these exams
Original post by Hennna.I
what the hell, for topic 1d - the civil war topic how the hell has they taken the most IMPORTANT TOPIC OUT. the civil I mean the entire subject is based around the civil war. Aqa need to sort their brains out I mean I would understand if you took out personal rule but civil war everything is based around that. I dont think any student studying this topic hasnt learnt about the civil war it slike baking a cake and forgetting the chocolate and flour = no cakesort ur life out AQA i need to actually pass these exams

Im so annoyed I literally just revised all of 1640-46 HOWEVER we were debating does the "n/a" mean all of the topics will remain or does it mean all of it will be taken out?
Reply 6
Original post by narabarrrr
Im so annoyed I literally just revised all of 1640-46 HOWEVER we were debating does the "n/a" mean all of the topics will remain or does it mean all of it will be taken out?

Also, ignore my spelling mistakes wrote too quickly, but yes agree they took out two massive topics that are necessary!
Hi everyone,

The Advanced Information for exams is out now! Take a look at our TSR Advance Information Megathread for more information and advice. We also have exam boards taking student questions in the thread. Have a look - it's a great opportunity to make sure you understand what you need to revise and put you in a good position to do well in your exams.

Advance Information:

AQA - History 7042

Edexcel - History 9H10

OCR- History A

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by narabarrrr

Hi, just wondered if you managed to find out what the n/a meant, just had a panic looking at it and thinking maybe it means all are on !!!
n/a generally means non-applicable, i.e it's been taken out. I would be very surprised if it suddenly meant something else given that they wrote out all the rest of the chapters on the advanced info. I would say if something says n/a you don't have to revise it : ) hope this helped
Original post by bondh15
Hi, just wondered if you managed to find out what the n/a meant, just had a panic looking at it and thinking maybe it means all are on !!!
Yeah it ended up not showing up at all however, because its the depth study/comp 2 it was impossible to give a level 5 answer on the source question without mentioning the events of 1640-46
Original post by bookausten
n/a generally means non-applicable, i.e it's been taken out. I would be very surprised if it suddenly meant something else given that they wrote out all the rest of the chapters on the advanced info. I would say if something says n/a you don't have to revise it : ) hope this helped
what questions came up in the ocr american revolution paper?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending