The Student Room Group

Medicine Rejections 2022 entry

Got rejected from one of my uni and I feel like I am going to get rejected by all others due to my low UCAT. I will take a gap year if that happens, any suggestions how can I improve my application during my gap year.

Scroll to see replies

Manchester medical skwl rejected me.
It was bcz of my UCAT. It was too low for them
🥺😭😭😭
I dont wanna take another gap year
But I really wanted to go to manchester medical skwl
I love medicine n would love to do it anywhere but this was my dream skwl.
Anyway theres not much I can do now
Reply 2
is it still common 7 years later
Reply 3
I am writing on behalf of my son who applied to study medicine in Aug, 2022, we have got 3 refusal from the 4 universities we applied, what shall we do? We are in gap year this year because we moved to UK since May, 2019, we will not meet 3 years in the UK the first day of academic year thus we are in gap year this year, we can't afford to wait another year, please advise.
Reply 4
Hello, I have applied 4 universities aim to study medicine in Aug, 2022, 3 of universities I applied has refused to me with 1 still pending, if I eventually got 4 refusal what do I do to get in an university to study in Medicine in Aug, 2022, any advice will be highly appreciated, thank you!
Original post by ZZ0520
Hello, I have applied 4 universities aim to study medicine in Aug, 2022, 3 of universities I applied has refused to me with 1 still pending, if I eventually got 4 refusal what do I do to get in an university to study in Medicine in Aug, 2022, any advice will be highly appreciated, thank you!

Hi there.

If you truly are set on getting into medicine, I strongly advise taking a gap year and reapplying. During your gap year you could volunteer/gain more work experience as well as spend more time doing UCAT/BMAT and interview prep to help strengthen your uni application.

Doing another degree for the sole aim of doing medicine is not only more costly but also significantly more competitive and riskier than applying as an undergrad.

Best wishes.
ucat 2740
predictions A*AA plus epq

i think my stats were relatively good I just made wrong choices in my applications, applying to bristol notts queen mary, kings college but haven't gotten in this year, I really wanna do medicine what do I do?
Hi
Is there anyone out there thinking of taking a 2nd gap year?
Reply 8
lol
Hi there, I have received 3/4 rejections (Exeter, Edi, Cardiff) but still waiting to hear from St Andrews. I thought I had decent stats and PS with 45/45 predicted IB score, 2730 B2 UCAT, but I guess I was wrong. I honestly don't think I really want to study medicine anymore, if I can put in so much work already and still feel like a failure while all my other friends are getting offers and interviews for medicine and other courses. It's making me think that I didn't go into medicine for the right reasons, I feel that I went in to validate myself and try and achieve something I could be proud of, and because of the job security medicine has.

But I'm constantly second-guessing myself because medicine does really really fascinate me, but I genuinely don't know now if I can deal with the stress or length of medical school and subsequent training. I also haven't been able to get any real-life work experience because where I live medical placements are banned bc of COVID (still have UK status tho), so I feel unprepared to understand what I'm getting myself into. I'm contemplating St Andrews to ask to change my application to a different course, regardless if I receive an offer to interview. But I honestly might feel motivated again to study it if I do get an offer, but maybe that's a sign that I'm fickle and, yes, I am just doing it because I am deeply insecure and studying medicine will validate me, in which case I probably shouldn't because my commitment isn't genuine. I have no idea what to do and I think about this constantly, I don't know if I should take a gap year and try and reapply.
Does anyone know the best access routes if you do not get into medicine the first time from an undergraduate perspective?
I've taken a gap year it's really depressing but I do agree with what ur saying. Its 100,% worth it at least for med.
Half of my class went into biomed with BBB and r now hoping to apply for med....but 3 years of debt and then another 4 years of medical skwl debt would be a bit too much
Ik its bare sad😔
U replied so fast
If u dont mind me asking
How do u manage being a neurosurgeon and then dealing with us students over here asking the same questions again n again.
(edited 2 years ago)
thank you so much for replying, my ucat score was not good this year so im thinking i might have to re-try next year, and hopefully get more hospital experience aswell
Hi

I have been rejected from all 4 of my medicine choices but I hold an offer for biomedical sciences at a Russell group university. This is my 2nd time trying to get in so I really don't think I can do another gap year.

I don't know whether I still want to try for medicine because this whole experience has put me off massively. I know clearing is a possibility but I really doubt I'd get an offer.

What should I do? Should I do biomedicine at the uni? What career paths can I go down? Please help
Original post by rejectedmedapp
Hi

I have been rejected from all 4 of my medicine choices but I hold an offer for biomedical sciences at a Russell group university. This is my 2nd time trying to get in so I really don't think I can do another gap year.

I don't know whether I still want to try for medicine because this whole experience has put me off massively. I know clearing is a possibility but I really doubt I'd get an offer.

What should I do? Should I do biomedicine at the uni? What career paths can I go down? Please help

Hi there.

If you truly do want to do medicine then I think a gap year would be best. Planning on doing biomedicine then GEM has a significantly more higher risk of rejection and your likely to have multiple gap years trying to get onto GEM.

Rejection can be awful but I'd hate for you to be in the GEM rejection phase having decided not to tell you this.

What sort of things did you do in your gap year, if you don't mind me asking?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by TriplexA
Hi there.

If you truly do want to do medicine then I think a gap year would be best. Planning on doing biomedicine then GEM has a significantly more higher risk of rejection and your likely to have multiple gap years trying to get onto GEM.

Thanks

At the moment I don't want to do medicine. What careers can I get into with biomedical science and are they employable?
Original post by rejectedmedapp
Thanks

At the moment I don't want to do medicine. What careers can I get into with biomedical science and are they employable?

I understand, take time to fully consider everything before you're sure about your decision.

I believe biomed is more research based career opportunities. I've attached a link for you to read:

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/careers-advice/what-can-i-do-with-my-degree/biomedical-sciences

Hope this helps :smile:
Best wishes.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by TriplexA
I understand, take time to fully consider everything before you're sure about your decision.

I believe biomed is more research based career opportunities. I've attached a link for you to read:

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/careers-advice/what-can-i-do-with-my-degree/biomedical-sciences

Hope this helps :smile:
Best wishes.

Thanks.

Do you know anything about the NHS STP? Like how would I apply to that after doing my degree?

If not, that's fine thank you for your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending