The Student Room Group

No friends as a teen

I have friends but I feel like they never want to talk to me, they're always my priority but I'm not theirs. I try to meet up with them, they're always busy. I want to make new friends from different schools and stuff but wouldn't know where to start. Please help
Original post by Anonymous
I have friends but I feel like they never want to talk to me, they're always my priority but I'm not theirs. I try to meet up with them, they're always busy. I want to make new friends from different schools and stuff but wouldn't know where to start. Please help

What year are you in?
Reply 2
Original post by Cocaiaaa
What year are you in?

You can make new friends once you leave Secondary School then, no?

My parents never let me once do anything with my friends, now I’m not asked to do anything. It’s a difficult situation, these guys know the truth and who is to blame.

My point is to not let time pass you by, keep doing what you are doing, and you will meet the right people eventually. Post year 11 is a great way to do this.

It’s good that you have the freedom to do this. My parents drop my right outside my school and slow down the car right by the entrance to track my movements. My friend even noticed this and she told me, it was very embarrassing. I couldn’t even go to school trips…I had to explain to relevant higher-up people in the school why, they know the reasons and person at fault and in control, they understand the situation I am in

Good luck kid.

would you like to be friends with me? im in year 11 and go to a school in carshalton - my insta is li_cl15 if u ever decide u want to be friends (:
It’s a shame that a lot of you are in the situation about not having enough freedom. A great way of meeting new people is when you go away to university. There you will have the freedom to be an adult, meet new people and experience independence.
I'll be Honest with you, I made no friends at all in high school so don't panic Just wait until your on a college course with people who want to be there, that's where you'll make some of your closest friends you'll ever have :-)
Reply 7
It's just I always message friends and they just never want to meet up, and then you start to think that you're the problem...
It's just I always message friends and they just never want to meet up, and then you start to think that you're the problem...

You wouldn't be a problem, some people just don't seem to work well as a group together and that's okay. It doesn't mean you have actually done anything wrong

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending