The Student Room Group

How can you pass theory test?

Hello. I'm wondering what apps/websites do you recommend to pass your theory test as I'm concerned it's my first time so I want to know what kind of resources shall I use? I heard the DVSA theory test kit is quite helpful but I don't know if I should buy it.
Original post by DeItaReality
Hello. I'm wondering what apps/websites do you recommend to pass your theory test as I'm concerned it's my first time so I want to know what kind of resources shall I use? I heard the DVSA theory test kit is quite helpful but I don't know if I should buy it.

You can get the theory test DVD'S/disks, so you can practice. Theres ususlly some around somewhere. And last time i checked they werent too expensive.
Original post by Emma:-)
You can get the theory test DVD'S/disks, so you can practice. Theres ususlly some around somewhere. And last time i checked they werent too expensive.

Do you recommend any websites or apps that you could use?
Do you recommend any websites or apps that you could use?

https://www.learnerdriveruk.com/?ref=ma
This website is pretty good.
It's worth asking your instructor. When I told my instructor I had booked my theory test she gave me free access to a site called Theory Test Pro. It contains a massive bank of theory test questions and I learned the theory by practicing them all. It also contains Hazard Awareness Clips. When I did the actual test a lot of the questions were out of the Theory Test Pro site so I got 50/50 because I had just memorised the answers.
Original post by StrawbFrog420
It's worth asking your instructor. When I told my instructor I had booked my theory test she gave me free access to a site called Theory Test Pro. It contains a massive bank of theory test questions and I learned the theory by practicing them all. It also contains Hazard Awareness Clips. When I did the actual test a lot of the questions were out of the Theory Test Pro site so I got 50/50 because I had just memorised the answers.

Do you recommend the app?
Get the theory 4 in 1 app kit on the App Store.

Most of the questions I got on the app came up on the test, with like 2-3 that were new. Even then, it was nothing that puzzled me.
Original post by CaptainDuckie
Get the theory 4 in 1 app kit on the App Store.

Most of the questions I got on the app came up on the test, with like 2-3 that were new. Even then, it was nothing that puzzled me.

I'm tempted to get the 4 in 1 app and the DVSA theory test kit app? Is that enough?
I'm tempted to get the 4 in 1 app and the DVSA theory test kit app? Is that enough?

Just the 4 in 1 app should be enough. Make sure you just answer all 700 questions and review those that you get wrong constantly
(edited 2 years ago)
I just passed my theory 2 months ago and all I did was do the questions on the 4 in 1 app. It's really easy and simple to navigate and definitely a lot more effective than reading a text book. It costs £5 i think but if you don't pass your theory they'll refund you the money. But I assure you that you'll definitely pass the test if you use the app because alot of the questions on the app are identical to the ones that come up on the real test.

Original post by CaptainDuckie
Just the 4 in 1 app should be enough. Make sure you just answer all 700 questions and review those that you get wrong constantly
Original post by PimBird123
I just passed my theory 2 months ago and all I did was do the questions on the 4 in 1 app. It's really easy and simple to navigate and definitely a lot more effective than reading a text book. It costs £5 i think but if you don't pass your theory they'll refund you the money. But I assure you that you'll definitely pass the test if you use the app because alot of the questions on the app are identical to the ones that come up on the real test.

Alright thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest