The Student Room Group

A-level Physics Study Group 2022

Welcome to the A-level Physics Study Group! :woo:

This is where you can chat to others students taking your subject as you prepare for your A-level exams this summer

What can I do in these groups?

Almost anything! If you need help with a certain topic, want to rant about something you are struggling with or just want to support other students who are trying to prepare, this is the place for you. We want these to be a useful place for everyone no matter what you're looking for! :smile:

What can't I do in these groups?

Asking or offering copyright papers is against our site rules, and so is taking conversation off-site to do these things. Any posts doing this will be removed. That's the only rule :naughty:

Ice Breaker questions if you want to use them!

> What exam board are you on? (Vote in the poll as well!)

> What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?

> What areas are you struggling with a little?

> Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare?

Specifications

Advance Information

Also, check out everything you need to know about your Physics exams with our handy guides:
Edexcel Physics Guide
AQA Physics Guide

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yes:
(edited 2 years ago)
Keeping this space for a list of resources or study tools that are recommended in this thread:

The Organic Chemistry Tutor
Science Shorts
PMT
Time to answer some questions!

What exam board are you on?
AQA

What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?
Probably resolving vectors

What areas are you struggling with a little?
Understanding what my teacher is saying in class. I know what he’s doing and how to do it (sometimes) but he really could be more efficient at explaining things…

Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare?
Oh no… I really haven’t found much as it’s really hard to find resources that are help. The main ones I found were:
- science shorts (unequivocally the best at explaining!)
- physics online
- PMT

It would be amazing to chat and interact with other a level physics students!
I'm doing OCR :biggrin:
Reply 4
AQA
Honestly, I don't feel too confident in anything
Once again, A-level Physics simply dampens my confidence

I go on the Organic Chemistry Tutor videos-they're really albeit long and with many pauses.
Original post by 0ptics
Time to answer some questions!

What exam board are you on?
AQA

What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?
Probably resolving vectors

What areas are you struggling with a little?
Understanding what my teacher is saying in class. I know what he’s doing and how to do it (sometimes) but he really could be more efficient at explaining things…

Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare?
Oh no… I really haven’t found much as it’s really hard to find resources that are help. The main ones I found were:
- science shorts (unequivocally the best at explaining!)
- physics online
- PMT

It would be amazing to chat and interact with other a level physics students!

Original post by Quack#1
AQA
Honestly, I don't feel too confident in anything
Once again, A-level Physics simply dampens my confidence

I go on the Organic Chemistry Tutor videos-they're really albeit long and with many pauses.

Thank you both for your suggestions, they have been added into the list :smile:

How are you guys getting on with your studying?
Reply 6
Is anyone interested in studying together ?
I’m in my final year
Doing AQA a level physics
Hi everyone!

Hope your studies are going well! This is just a quick reminder that the exams’ additional information is due to be released soon, so keep an eye out for updates about which topics your exams will be focused on.

What topics would you like to see come up this year? Is there anything that you hope won’t make it onto the paper? Do let us know!

Best of luck with your revision!

MP :smile:
Hi everyone,

The Advanced Information for exams is out now! Take a look at our TSR Advance Information Megathread for more information and advice. We also have exam boards taking student questions in the thread. Have a look - it's a great opportunity to make sure you understand what you need to revise and put you in a good position to do well in your exams.

Advance Information

Also, check out everything you need to know about your Physics exams with our handy guides:
Edexcel Physics Guide
AQA Physics Guide

Good luck!
Reply 9
Original post by learningizk00l
same here!

Would you like to work together
Reply 10
Just for revision , I’ve already applied
Is anyone else struggling with physics as much as I am? I literally can't solve almost all questions. I understand everything in the chapter but just can't answer questions. It is so annoying.
Reply 12
Original post by batoolfatymah
Is anyone else struggling with physics as much as I am? I literally can't solve almost all questions. I understand everything in the chapter but just can't answer questions. It is so annoying.

Yes this makes sense. Not a fan of the physics course, I hate how the questions are worded and the way they try and trick you on everything, especially multiple choice questions. Love physics as a subject but the A level course makes me want to throw up. I’m very good at maths and find further maths a lot easier than physics, I don’t know what it is. Which topics do you struggle with the most?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by TMan77
Yes this makes sense. Not a fan of the physics course, I hate how the questions are worded and the way they try and trick you on everything, especially multiple choice questions. Love physics as a subject but the A level course makes me want to throw up. I’m very good at maths and find further maths a lot easier than physics, I don’t know what it is. Which topics do you struggle with the most?

I struggle a lot with the mechanics section. I tried doing lots of exam questions as suggested by almost everyone but the problem is I don't understand how to begin answering in almost all the questions. The problem is not that I am not motivated or I have'nt tried but I just can't do it anymore.
Reply 14
Original post by batoolfatymah

Work along with the text book , read the content then answer summary questions . Once you get the hang of it attempt exam questions
Original post by Heixi
Work along with the text book , read the content then answer summary questions . Once you get the hang of it attempt exam questions

I will try that thank you.
I've made threads for the individaul Physics exams that you may find helpful. You can find them on the directory here.

MP :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Is everyone more confident now because of the advanced information?
Original post by Str8Sika
Is everyone more confident now because of the advanced information?

NO, I am confused sometimes I feel like I should just do those topics really well but I am scared at the same time that other topics will come up which is giving me extra stress.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending