The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

MSc Computing - Imperial College London 2022-2023 Applicants

Hi guys just wondering for those applying for the MSc conversion in Computing for the 2022/23 admission:

1. When are you planning to apply
2. What is your bachelor's degree
3. Do you have any programming experience

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
1-I did already Msc computer science
2-mechanical engineering
3- I have limited programming experience
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by cvgk
1-I did already Msc computer science
2-mechanical engineering
3- I have limited programming experience

Hi cvgk thanks for your input on this. Could you please expand more on your programming experience, was it personal projects or an internship and did it take up a majority of your personal statement. Thanks!
1. When are you planning to apply: I applied mid-November for MSc Computing
2. What is your bachelor's degree: Physics
3. Do you have any programming experience: 4 years of Python
Original post by lalalala13
1. When are you planning to apply: I applied mid-November for MSc Computing
2. What is your bachelor's degree: Physics
3. Do you have any programming experience: 4 years of Python

Have you heard back yet? I applied end of November
Original post by Anonymous
Have you heard back yet? I applied end of November

Nope, I hope we hear back in the next few weeks
Anything yet for anyone? I think admissions are open again
Still haven't heard anything
I got an offer today for Computing! Good luck to everyone applying
(References uploaded by 17/11/2021)
Any luck to anyone else? Still waiting.. onto my 10th week..
Do you guys reckon it's too late to apply now?

Edit: applied w references on Feb 6th!

1. When are you planning to apply - done
2. What is your bachelor's degree - Linguistics @ Cambridge (first in my first 2 years, 3rd year in progress)
3. Do you have any programming experience - decent Python (did a Python lab in one of my modules last year and am also doing an ML project in Python for my undergrad thesis) and messed around with GDScript a bit in my free time lol, idk any C++ though and it seems like that's the course language
(edited 2 years ago)
1. When are you planning to apply - Application completed on 10 Dec, sent to DoC on 14 Dec, still waiting
2. What is your bachelor's degree - IT+Business BSc at UCL, 3rd year, expected First
3. Do you have any programming experience - A few years of dev experience (frontend, backend, machine learning, data science), internships at Amazon and Microsoft as Engineer

Fingers cross 🤞 Good luck guys
Original post by its_tonywu
1. When are you planning to apply - Application completed on 10 Dec, sent to DoC on 14 Dec, still waiting
2. What is your bachelor's degree - IT+Business BSc at UCL, 3rd year, expected First
3. Do you have any programming experience - A few years of dev experience (frontend, backend, machine learning, data science), internships at Amazon and Microsoft as Engineer

Are you applying to advanced computing or the introduction course?
Original post by Auber123
Are you applying to advanced computing or the introduction course?

introductory
introductory

Hmm if you've been a SWE at multiple FAANG companies surely you have the knowledge for the advanced course? Esp when it comes to algorithms and such (and esp if you've done internships in a bunch of different areas, as you have)?
Original post by Quirky Object
Hmm if you've been a SWE at multiple FAANG companies surely you have the knowledge for the advanced course? Esp when it comes to algorithms and such (and esp if you've done internships in a bunch of different areas, as you have)?

I didn’t work as SDE but instead QAE and Support Engineer, I kind of taught myself algo and data structure and stuff for me to pass the code interview, which is beyond my current curriculum (more IT focused than CS focused). So I wouldn’t say I have met the prerequisites for ACS. Essentially my rationale is to receive formal training in CS to better prepare me for working in the field and to satisfy my own academic curiosity lol. Anyways, fingers crossed for it 🤞and I wish you good luck if you are applying as well
1. When are you planning to apply - applied on 31/01 inc documents and references.
2. What is your bachelor's degree- Aeronautical Engineering
3. Do you have any programming experience- 4 years of MATLAB and Python, Did a python programming internship last summer
I didn’t work as SDE but instead QAE and Support Engineer, I kind of taught myself algo and data structure and stuff for me to pass the code interview, which is beyond my current curriculum (more IT focused than CS focused). So I wouldn’t say I have met the prerequisites for ACS. Essentially my rationale is to receive formal training in CS to better prepare me for working in the field and to satisfy my own academic curiosity lol. Anyways, fingers crossed for it 🤞and I wish you good luck if you are applying as well

Ahh fair enough! Well I'm sure you're an extremely strong candidate if you've already demonstrated that you can self-teach algo/data structure stuff to such a high level. Good luck to you too!!

Just got an offer (10 Feb)! Precisely 8 weeks from application confirmation, discounting the Christmas holiday. Thank you so much and I wish all of you the best of luck with your applications! See you in South Ken : )
Just got an offer (10 Feb)! Precisely 8 weeks from application confirmation, discounting the Christmas holiday. Thank you so much and I wish all of you the best of luck with your applications! See you in South Ken : )

What was the offer?

Congrats :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending