The Student Room Group

Oxford MSc in Advanced Computer Science 2022 thread

Oxford MSc in Advanced Computer Science 2022 thread- come join me!

Scroll to see replies

Feel free to share here if you got an interview, update on how it went, ask questions, and raise concerns.
Yaaay! Finally a thread for Advanced Computer Science. Happy times :rofl3:

Here are some useful resources:

Last year's Advanced CS thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6904090
Previous thread discussing the interview: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5205410
Original post by stevenball
Yaaay! Finally a thread for Advanced Computer Science. Happy times :rofl3:

Here are some useful resources:

Last year's Advanced CS thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6904090
Previous thread discussing the interview: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5205410

Haha I was happy to help in opening one!

Thanks for sharing the links! It seems like last year many applicants got offers without being interviewed (you can check GradCafe - https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/?per_page=20&q=&institution=University+of+Oxford&program=Computer+Science&degree=Masters)

But I guess we will hear very soon about interviews (if any). I read that sometimes the interview is behavioral and sometimes super technical.
Reply 4
Thanks for the invite guys, anxious to hear back - I emailed admissions and they said they are making offers from this week onwards for the MSc Advanced Computer Science. I've also heard of people not having to interview/very basic behavioural interviews being given so fingers crossed for all of us!
Original post by Siris_
Thanks for the invite guys, anxious to hear back - I emailed admissions and they said they are making offers from this week onwards for the MSc Advanced Computer Science. I've also heard of people not having to interview/very basic behavioural interviews being given so fingers crossed for all of us!

Do you know people that were interviewed? If so, when was their interview?

Now I am stressed lol
Good luck!!
Reply 6
I received the interview invitation this morning and it's scheduled next Monday. I'm getting nervous as well lol.
Original post by avery7
I received the interview invitation this morning and it's scheduled next Monday. I'm getting nervous as well lol.

First congratulations and good luck!! Do you mind sharing a little bit about your background (degree, University, grades, research, and when you applied?)

Thanks!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by StudyAbroad2022
First congratulations and good luck!! Do you mind sharing a little bit about your background (degree, University, grades, research, and when you applied?)

Thanks!

Thank you!! I am in my fourth year of BSc in CS and submitted the application before December. I didn't have any research experience but worked for one year in the industry.
Reply 9
Original post by avery7

Fantastic news! Do let us know how the interview goes, hopefully you do well and get in. I’m crossing everything but the wait has been killing me. I have a high first but my Uni isn’t too highly ranked - neither russell group nor ex-poly so it’s bang in the middle around 30th.. Hoping this doesn’t affect my chances of getting in
Reply 10
Original post by StudyAbroad2022
Do you know people that were interviewed? If so, when was their interview?

Now I am stressed lol
Good luck!!

I don’t know any personally from this year but I think they give you a week to prepare.. Hopefully I get an interview but they always scare me haha
Thank you both for sharing!!
Original post by avery7

That's amazing! I'm sure you'll do great, good luck! Please let us know what type of questions they will be asking.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 13
I also received an interview invitation today, and it is scheduled for next Tuesday. So nervous and could not believe it! Thanks for sharing past resources
Original post by jliu15
I also received an interview invitation today, and it is scheduled for next Tuesday. So nervous and could not believe it! Thanks for sharing past resources

Congratulations on your interview invite! May I know your background? Previous university, course, grades.. etc.
Also, please let us know how the interview went! It could be helpful for current and future applicants :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 15
Hey guys! Great to see a thread for the MSc in Adv Computer Science program :smile:
I had a query. Do all the interview invites come out on a single day or can we hope to get one anytime during this and the next week? Thanks!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by tgag
Hey guys! Great to see a thread for the MSc in Adv Computer Science program :smile:
I had a query. Do all the interview invites come out on a single day or can we hope to get one anytime during this and the next week? Thanks!

It looks like they are coming out anytime.
Original post by jliu15

In addition to your background do you mind also sharing when you applied? Thanks!
Received my interview invitation today!!
Reply 19
Original post by MLStudent
Received my interview invitation today!!

Brilliant news! All the best and let us know how it goes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending