The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University 2022 Offer Holders

I couldn’t find an offer holders thread so thought I would make one.
So make yourselves known and tell us a bit about yourself eg course, offer, predicted/attained grades, college choice etc

Scroll to see replies

Hi :smile:
I've got an unconditional offer (I took my A-levels last year) for Biological Sciences.

I'm not too sure which college to choose yet - I left my college choice on UCAS as 'open'. Ideally I'd like to be in self-catered accommodation as I love to cook.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi, my son has offer for Engineering (A*AA) predicted A*A*A*A and is waiting to hear on college allocation. His first choice is south
Reply 3
I hope you don't mind me asking but what was your offer.
Original post by Yorkees
I hope you don't mind me asking but what was your offer.

I'm guessing that you're asking me, but my grades were AAA.
Reply 5
howdy, i got an offer for physics a few weeks ago.
Original post by Equalibriumnbond
Hi :smile:
I've got an unconditional offer (I took my A-levels last year) for Biological Sciences.

I'm not too sure which college to choose yet - I left my college choice on UCAS as 'open'. Ideally I'd like to be in self-catered accommodation as I love to cook.

Hii :smile:
I’ve also got an offer for biological sciences too, i got a
contextual offer which i didn’t even realise i was eligible for so that was a nice suprise haha!
I’m also wanting self catered ideally i would like john snow or south, just waiting for the college allocation now!
Original post by beth_.xx.102
contextual offer which i didn’t even realise i was eligible for so that was a nice suprise haha!
I’m also wanting self catered ideally i would like john snow or south, just waiting for the college allocation now!

Congrats on your offer! Nice to meet another Biological Science offer holder :smile:
Is Durham your top choice?
Congrats on your offer! Nice to meet another Biological Science offer holder :smile:
Is Durham your top choice?

yes im almost certain it will be i’m just waiting to visit on the offer days before i firm it. Is durham your top choice? where else did you apply?
Reply 9

That’s a bonus! Well done! Been looking at the contextual criteria and looks quite strict (and not just due to state school education) that some believe!!
yes im almost certain it will be i’m just waiting to visit on the offer days before i firm it. Is durham your top choice? where else did you apply?

So far I've got an offer for York, but I'm still waiting to hear from St Andrews, Bath and Edinburgh. I've not managed to visit the uni yet, so I'm planning on waiting for the post offer day before firming :smile:

Have you submitted your college preferences yet?
So far I've got an offer for York, but I'm still waiting to hear from St Andrews, Bath and Edinburgh. I've not managed to visit the uni yet, so I'm planning on waiting for the post offer day before firming :smile:

Have you submitted your college preferences yet?

I’ve also had an offer from York too! along with warwick and lancaster. But i think i’ll be putting lancaster as my insurance.

I booked the post offer day yesterday so just waiting for that till i decide! I’ve visit the city itself and it goes with out saying how pretty it is, i’m just wanting to look round the uni bits of the city now!

Yea I submitted the college preference I put John Snow, then south and then Josephine Butler and then I think stevenson after that. Wby?
I’ve also had an offer from York too! along with warwick and lancaster. But i think i’ll be putting lancaster as my insurance.

I booked the post offer day yesterday so just waiting for that till i decide! I’ve visit the city itself and it goes with out saying how pretty it is, i’m just wanting to look round the uni bits of the city now!

Yea I submitted the college preference I put John Snow, then south and then Josephine Butler and then I think stevenson after that. Wby?

I really like the look of John Snow - the accommodation looks really nice and it's not too far from Bioscience! I'm still having a bit of a research for the other colleges before I submit my preferences.

It seems like its a bit of a pain how all of the food shops are so far away from the self catered colleges :\
I really like the look of John Snow - the accommodation looks really nice and it's not too far from Bioscience! I'm still having a bit of a research for the other colleges before I submit my preferences.

It seems like its a bit of a pain how all of the food shops are so far away from the self catered colleges :\

Yes that’s why i liked john snow because it wasn’t too far from the bio department and the accommodation is really nice!
Ye it is a pain with how far away the food shops are - although i have heard some people in their flats just get it delivered!
May I ask a question, do you get allocated a college before you accept your place, have filled out the preference for college but wondered how it worked
Original post by Anonymous
May I ask a question, do you get allocated a college before you accept your place, have filled out the preference for college but wondered how it worked

Yes. But not specific accommodation (ie - share room, en suite), that happens when you accept
Reply 16
I just got an offer for Physics. The conditions are A*A*A.
I'm predicted 4A*s in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
I put Collingwood College first on my application. I would prefer to be in catered accomodation, and definitely don't want to be in a shared room.

Out of interest, how many of you are Oxbridge rejects?
Reply 17
Original post by Zuvio
I put Collingwood College first on my application. I would prefer to be in catered accomodation, and definitely don't want to be in a shared room.

🙋🏼*♀️
Reply 18
Original post by Zuvio

Me and I know of like 20 others from the server LMAO
Chemistry offer, John snow top choice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending