The Student Room Group

2022 Edexcel Maths GCSE (Higher) Checklist

This was for the 2022 exams only. For the full checklist that can be used for 2023 and beyond see here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5120414

2022 Edexcel GCSE Maths (Higher) Checklist

Edexcel have released a list of topics here that will be on each of the three 2022 Higher GCSE maths exam papers. Below is a list of all these topics as a checklist including links to questions for each topic. The majority of questions are taken from JustMaths, MathsGenie and CorbettMaths - solutions can be found on these websites. A printable PDF checklist is attached to this post.

Read me first!

Paper 1

Paper 2

Paper 3

(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This is complete now. If anyone notices any incorrect links or has any other questions please let me know.
Original post by Notnek
This is complete now. If anyone notices any incorrect links or has any other questions please let me know.

is there an aqa version of this
Reply 3
Original post by username0606
is there an aqa version of this

Not any that I’ve made. I may make one if there’s enough demand.
giving me nostalgia from GCSE maths. Nice thread, must have taken you a long time to fully set it up.
Reply 5
Original post by Talkative Toad
giving me nostalgia from GCSE maths. Nice thread, must have taken you a long time to fully set it up.

I’ve made a similar checklist in the past for the whole syllabus so for this one it was mainly a lot of copy and paste :smile:
Original post by Notnek
I’ve made a similar checklist in the past for the whole syllabus so for this one it was mainly a lot of copy and paste :smile:

i see
AQA have brought out a new version
Original post by Muttley79
AQA have brought out a new version

again?
Original post by username0606
again?

version 1 ... we don't do AQA so heard this fronm a friend
Is there an Edexcel foundation checklist?
please make one, i would greatly appreciate as will many others!!
so will topics such as loci, bearings, congruency that are not on the list, not turn up in the summer exam at all??
Reply 13
Original post by alberw21
so will topics such as loci, bearings, congruency that are not on the list, not turn up in the summer exam at all??

Yes those are three major topics that are not mentioned at all in the higher list so unless Edexcel have made a mistake (unlikely) you won’t see any of those topics appear.
Original post by astra doll
please make one, i would greatly appreciate as will many others!!

Isn't your school doing that?
Reply 15
Original post by Notnek
Yes those are three major topics that are not mentioned at all in the higher list so unless Edexcel have made a mistake (unlikely) you won’t see any of those topics appear.

What about surds ? I haven't seen that mentioned either...
Reply 16
Original post by Sb2005
What about surds ? I haven't seen that mentioned either...

"Simplification of surds" is mentioned as part of the Higher list.
Thank you so much i always have trouble revising and finding out topics for my exams :smile::biggrin: If i can does the 2022 papers are similar to 2021 i just want to know if the past papers are related to 2022 topics (Edexcel) Thank you again :smile:
Original post by Notnek

thank you so much!!
i have read elsewhere that the following topics will not be examined by Edexcel for GCSE Higher Maths:

Quadratic Sequence,
Completing the Square,
Congruence,
Volume of cone and sphere,
Proofs,
Iteration
Bearings
Loci

is this correct ?

and will AQA exclude these topics also ?

:holmes:

@Notnek

@Muttley79

Quick Reply

Latest