The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Oral Health Sciences Edinburgh Interview

I've got an interview for Edinburgh for the Oral Health Sciences course next week and was wondering if anyone can give me any guidance on questions they tend to ask/what to study or prepare! Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

How did it go?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
I have an interview next week! Would love at least a little information on the types of questions they might ask. The fear of the unknown is hellish 🤣
Original post by Anonymous
I have an interview next week! Would love at least a little information on the types of questions they might ask. The fear of the unknown is hellish 🤣

I’m sure you’ll do great!! What other unis/courses have you applied to? And have you’d had any interviews for them yet
Original post by millyeadie
I’m sure you’ll do great!! What other unis/courses have you applied to? And have you’d had any interviews for them yet

I applied for Glasgow caledonian aswel but I got rejected. Just the interview for Edinburgh I didn't apply for anywhere else. What about you??
I applied for Glasgow caledonian aswel but I got rejected. Just the interview for Edinburgh I didn't apply for anywhere else. What about you??

Just had my Edinburgh interview and have cali and Dundee next week. It was terrible I had so many technical issues but the interview would’ve been okay if I didn’t get so frustrated by it. Hoping Dundee and cali go better
Just had my Edinburgh interview and have cali and Dundee next week. It was terrible I had so many technical issues but the interview would’ve been okay if I didn’t get so frustrated by it. Hoping Dundee and cali go better

That's so fustrating! Am sure you did absolutely fine, did they put you ease? Was it scenario based questions? Do you have a dental background?
They’re really helpful, it’s 4 mmi’s which last half an hour in total, and a chat from students at the beginning. And I have shadowing experience but no dental background

Good luck with the rest of your interviews 😊
how did it go?
Ive got cali and edinburgh next week. Im so nervous. How did they go for those who had them this week? Do you have nursing background?
I have my interview for Edinburgh tomorrow 🤞 so nervous!!! . I'm a dental nurse. Do you have any nurse background
Hey just jumping on this thread to ask if anyone who has applied for OHS at the University of the Highlands and Islands has heard back yet? Xx
I've got an interview for Edinburgh for the Oral Health Sciences course next week and was wondering if anyone can give me any guidance on questions they tend to ask/what to study or prepare! Thanks!

I've just heard back from Edinburgh Uni with a conditional for Oral Health Science but it is my 2nd choice. Just jumping on this thread to see if anyone knows when GCU let people know if they've got in.
I've just heard back from Edinburgh Uni with a conditional for Oral Health Science but it is my 2nd choice. Just jumping on this thread to see if anyone knows when GCU let people know if they've got in.

I’ve received an offer from Edinburgh too, I’ve not heard back from Dundee or gcu yet however they mentioned it would be near end of March:/
I’ve received an offer from Edinburgh too, I’ve not heard back from Dundee or gcu yet however they mentioned it would be near end of March:/

Well done! Can't believe they're only taking 7 people this year at GCU :frown: Which uni would be your first choice?
Well done guys, I didn't even get an interview for GCU and got rejected from Edinburgh today after my interview. Looks like having a dental background doesn't make much difference
Well done! Can't believe they're only taking 7 people this year at GCU :frown: Which uni would be your first choice?

GCU is my 1st choice and Edinburgh probably my 2nd too
Well done guys, I didn't even get an interview for GCU and got rejected from Edinburgh today after my interview. Looks like having a dental background doesn't make much difference

Sorry to hear that!! Will you try again next year? I’ve been told that a lot of really good candidates don’t get in first time just due to the large amount of people that apply

Sorry to hear that! I have a dental background so I think they do take that into account but they look at the person as a whole. GCU favours experience and Edinburgh favour academia and Edinburgh base applicants largely on their performance in the interviews. I hope you don't lose interest and reapply. I know people that have got rejected 3 times and got in on their 4th try... crazy how competitive the course is in Scotland!
Sorry to hear that! I have a dental background so I think they do take that into account but they look at the person as a whole. GCU favours experience and Edinburgh favour academia and Edinburgh base applicants largely on their performance in the interviews. I hope you don't lose interest and reapply. I know people that have got rejected 3 times and got in on their 4th try... crazy how competitive the course is in Scotland!

I think I will reapply next year. The nerves got the better of me with the interview being on zoom, would much prefer to be there in person, hatd to get in the interview zone from tlyour livingroom🤣. It is so competitive, at least il know what to expect for next year. Well done 👏 and good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending