The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge MPhil English Applicants 2022

Has anyone received an offer/rejection yet? I submitted on Dec.31st and my status hasn’t changed since then🥲
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by SybariteK
Has anyone received an offer/rejection yet? I submitted on Dec.31st and my status hasn’t changed since then🥲

Same here! No change yet.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2

Submitted Dec. 20, this week my status in the portal changed to “under review by department”. Has anyone else’s changed?
Reply 3
Original post by usermh7
Submitted Dec. 20, this week my status in the portal changed to “under review by department”. Has anyone else’s changed?

Mine is still on submitted, but Anna Fox wrote back and said I should expect the result by the end of the month. Not sure if this applies to all :smile:
Reply 4
Mine is still on submitted, but Anna Fox wrote back and said I should expect the result by the end of the month. Not sure if this applies to all :smile:

Thanks for this info! I’m so nervous to hear back, hoping we all get (good) news this month!

What field is your research proposal in?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by usermh7
Thanks for this info! I’m so nervous to hear back, hoping we all get (good) news this month!

What field is your research proposal in?

Fingers crossed! :smile:

My proposal is on Milton’s Paradise Lost and psychoanalysis. You?
Reply 6
Fingers crossed! :smile:

My proposal is on Milton’s Paradise Lost and psychoanalysis. You?

Sounds really interesting, good luck! Mine is on contemporary post-apocalyptic fiction and ecocriticism. :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by usermh7

Same here. Mine changed to under review on Monday, and I submitted on the deadline. There's two people on the other thread that are on PAO, but everyone else seems to be on submitted/under review.
Reply 8
Original post by anoneng1
Same here. Mine changed to under review on Monday, and I submitted on the deadline. There's two people on the other thread that are on PAO, but everyone else seems to be on submitted/under review.

Hoping we hear back soon then. Best of luck!
Reply 9
Original post by usermh7
Hoping we hear back soon then. Best of luck!

And to you!
Any movement for anyone?
Reply 11
Original post by anoneng1
Any movement for anyone?

No movement at all :frown: Still on department review.
Reply 12
any movement for anyone? still waiting
Reply 13
Original post by laekae
any movement for anyone? still waiting

I moved to PAO last week. I know a few others on the main thread have also moved to PAO last Monday-Wednesday, and a couple had unfortunately had their portals updated to unsuccessful. Are you still on department review?
Still on PAO for me, been there since 9 Mar—which admittedly hasn't been very long. There was someone on the main thread who PAO-ed on 7 Mar and got their conditional offer on 15 Mar. That's about 6 working days. Then again, there are some who sit there for months.

It's interesting (in an unironic way) to see how the tenor of the main thread has shifted from worrying about offers to worrying about funding and colleges haha. :P
Reply 15
Original post by usermh7
I moved to PAO last week. I know a few others on the main thread have also moved to PAO last Monday-Wednesday, and a couple had unfortunately had their portals updated to unsuccessful. Are you still on department review?

Congratulations!!

AND Thank you so much for sharing this useful information! I'm not familiar with the process, just logged in and checked the status - PAOed!;-)
Reply 16
Original post by laekae
Congratulations!!

AND Thank you so much for sharing this useful information! I'm not familiar with the process, just logged in and checked the status - PAOed!;-)

Congrats! Hopefully the formal offers will come through soon!
Original post by theforestfrog
Still on PAO for me, been there since 9 Mar—which admittedly hasn't been very long. There was someone on the main thread who PAO-ed on 7 Mar and got their conditional offer on 15 Mar. That's about 6 working days. Then again, there are some who sit there for months.

It's interesting (in an unironic way) to see how the tenor of the main thread has shifted from worrying about offers to worrying about funding and colleges haha. :P

That was me with the 6 working day turnaround - I was quite shocked it was so quick, was really expecting to be waiting for weeks. Best of luck to everyone still waiting on results, hope to see you in the autumn :smile:
Hello all, hoping to re-ignite this thread! Does anyone know if our research proposals are binding? Is there space for me to change my dissertation topic or no?
Original post by Anonymous#1000
Hello all, hoping to re-ignite this thread! Does anyone know if our research proposals are binding? Is there space for me to change my dissertation topic or no?

Should probably clarify- I have already been made a conditional offer of admission.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending