The Student Room Group

AQA a level chemistry advanced information 2022

Hii. I was wondering whether I should go over all the practicals for paper 3, or just to focus on the one's provided in the advanced information list? Practicals are my weakest point so I'm on edge here.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by aztec1234
Hii. I was wondering whether I should go over all the practicals for paper 3, or just to focus on the one's provided in the advanced information list? Practicals are my weakest point so I'm on edge here.

I was thinking the same but I’m just going to revise the RPs mentioned in the list. I think they’ve made it pretty obvious that there will be specific questions on each of those RPs mentioned. Also we’re lucky we do AQA as I’ve looked at the advanced info for OCR for example and they haven’t even named which practicals are coming up. I’d revise general practical skills like %uncertainty for example but as for methods and specific details, only the ones mentioned on the list. I feel like it would be a waste of time revising ones not mentioned? Have you asked what your teachers think? X
Reply 3
I'm resitting chem a level as an independent candidate and thus I don't have any teachers. And yes, I agree; I'm just going to revise the 4 practicals mentioned. Thanks for the response and all the best for chem !!
My teacher said only those topics will be tested so I’m just revising those. Also, out of curiosity are you revising all the other topics that aren’t stated on the advanced info or prioritising some?
Original post by khush176
My teacher said only those topics will be tested so I’m just revising those. Also, out of curiosity are you revising all the other topics that aren’t stated on the advanced info or prioritising some?

apparently aqa have tricked us with the advanced info so if you aqa I suggest you go through all topics in the specification
Original post by abdirahmanmomo
apparently aqa have tricked us with the advanced info so if you aqa I suggest you go through all topics in the specification

How can AQA trick us, they will test on things in the advanced information, but the other topics not mentioned can be given as low tarriff questions
Original post by Lucy.may2
How can AQA trick us, they will test on things in the advanced information, but the other topics not mentioned can be given as low tarriff questions

I said this because the as chemistry advanced spec has no inorganic topic on it and when they sat the exam this week they told us there was 15 mark worth of it and I am pretty sure that does come under the definition of "low tariff" marks
Also as physics teacher in my school told us waves came up on the paper not as a low tariff question
Original post by abdirahmanmomo
I said this because the as chemistry advanced spec has no inorganic topic on it and when they sat the exam this week they told us there was 15 mark worth of it and I am pretty sure that does come under the definition of "low tariff" marks
Also as physics teacher in my school told us waves came up on the paper not as a low tariff question

Oh wow, i hope AQA does not do us dirty in a levels :\

Quick Reply

Latest