The Student Room Group

Mini pupillage cover letters

Can someone please share their mini pupillage cover letter layout. it would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by Zidane8463512
Can someone please share their mini pupillage cover letter layout. it would be greatly appreciated.

Hello!

My general format can be...

Starting with my impression of the chambers/how I know them (where I've met them before, resources I've read, cases I know of).

Then I explain why I am interested in law and in particular the areas of practice that the chambers cover (previous experience linked in).

Followed by examples of skills that I have that will be of use as a barrister (communication, problem solving, advocacy etc).

Ending with why I want to do a mini-pupillage (what has impressed me about them, cases, location, schemes run etc).

Sign off

Sometimes, the structure can vary and can include more depending on what the chambers ask for in the letters but that's the general gist of it. It seems to work and I've completed 3 mini-pupillages now.

Hope that helps!
Nic
Student Ambassador at the University of Law
BTW, you haven't said where you study but if you are a ULAW student, you will find examples of such letters on the Elite system that you can log onto. The Employability Service are also more than happy to help you construct a letter, read over your letters and give you info on chambers that you are applying for too so get in contact if you need that help and are with us.
Original post by The University of Law Students
Hello!

My general format can be...

Starting with my impression of the chambers/how I know them (where I've met them before, resources I've read, cases I know of).

Then I explain why I am interested in law and in particular the areas of practice that the chambers cover (previous experience linked in).

Followed by examples of skills that I have that will be of use as a barrister (communication, problem solving, advocacy etc).

Ending with why I want to do a mini-pupillage (what has impressed me about them, cases, location, schemes run etc).

Sign off

Sometimes, the structure can vary and can include more depending on what the chambers ask for in the letters but that's the general gist of it. It seems to work and I've completed 3 mini-pupillages now.

Hope that helps!
Nic
Student Ambassador at the University of Law

Thank you very much for your response Nic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending