The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE- Gender Department 2022 applicants

Hello everyone! I saw someone create a Gender department thread on last year's Postgraduate forum and thought that it might be useful for this years applicants as well. Has anyone heard back from the university?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hello everyone! I saw someone create a Gender department thread on last year's Postgraduate forum and thought that it might be useful for this years applicants as well. Has anyone heard back from the university?

Thanks for starting this!! I was hoping someone would :smile: I got an offer for the Gender (Sexuality) program at the start of Feb. Wbu?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
I have started a thread of the LSE 22/23 Offer Holders Facebook page encouraging incoming Gender Department students to interact with it so we can create a group chat. This is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/405702897466201/posts/536886084347881/?comment_id=544323680270788&notif_id=1647211116841058&notif_t=group_comment&ref=notif

You may have to join the group before you can see the post.
Reply 3
I applied for Gender (Sexuality). My application was processed on March 17th so just waiting for the decision!
Original post by jhahn
I applied for Gender (Sexuality). My application was processed on March 17th so just waiting for the decision!

Good luck!! Hope you hear back soon :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by gabriella99!
Good luck!! Hope you hear back soon :smile:

Thank you! How long did it take for you to receive a decision after you received your ID? x
Reply 6
Still waiting on a decision for Gender Media and Culture. Got my ID Feb 21
Original post by jhahn
Thank you! How long did it take for you to receive a decision after you received your ID? x

3 weeks I believe. Much faster than I expected!
Reply 8
Original post by gabriella99!
3 weeks I believe. Much faster than I expected!

Oh wow, yeah! Hopefully mine is just as speedy! x
Hey! Are u guys applying for post or undergraduate? Which course? Im holding an offer on Msc Gender, Policy and Inequalities
Original post by beatrizfs
Hey! Are u guys applying for post or undergraduate? Which course? Im holding an offer on Msc Gender, Policy and Inequalities

Postgraduate! & congratulations :smile:
Reply 11

So exciting!! Post-grad also, Msc Gender (Sexuality) x
Original post by jhahn
So exciting!! Post-grad also, Msc Gender (Sexuality) x

Congratulations on your offer! I'm so happy! Do you know if there is any group on Whatsapp or Facebook for gender students?
Reply 13
Congratulations on your offer! I'm so happy! Do you know if there is any group on Whatsapp or Facebook for gender students?

Oh no I don't have an offer yet lol just waiting to hear back. I'm not sure x
Original post by jhahn
Oh no I don't have an offer yet lol just waiting to hear back. I'm not sure x

Oh! I am sorry! Take it as a prediction that you will be accept :h:
Oh! I am sorry! Take it as a prediction that you will be accept :h:

Hey we have a whatsapp group. Message me privately and I can send you the link :smile: Congrats on the offer!!
Reply 16
Have you both applied for funding support? I'm confused with how it works, like the automated GSS, do you know how it is calculated?
Original post by jhahn
Have you both applied for funding support? I'm confused with how it works, like the automated GSS, do you know how it is calculated?

I applied for GSS around 2 months ago now and I was immediately told I was not going to be given any money. From being on different group chats I think they must of run out of funds really early as I don’t know anyone who got any funding. People were saying it was because they asked for more than 8k but I asked for less and was immediately rejected. If you want to be considered for any scholarships which results for that happen in May/june then you still need to fill in the GSS form and write the personal statement section. Hope that makes sense 🙂
Reply 18
Ah okay, thank you. That is such a shame :/ the fees are so high compared to everywhere else.
Has anyone reached out to the department directly? I have a competing offer deadline and have already reached out to GAO with no movement on my application. GAO told me on 15 March that my application was "in the final stages of a decision", but I've had no communication/update since. Pressed to give other school a decision

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending