The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL MSc ML / CSML / DSML 2022 admissions

Hi! I would like to ask you about one of the most competitive group of Masters at UCL:
MSc Machine Learning, MSc Machine Learning and Data Science, MSc Computational Statistics and Machine Learning

- Which masters have you applied for and when?
- What is your profile?
- Have you got a response yet?

I'll start!
- Applied mid December for ML
- low first Math degree + ML summer internship
- no response yet

Scroll to see replies

Applied mid November for ML
BSc Statistics with 82.5 (high first in second year)
One data science summer internship
No response
(edited 2 years ago)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Mid Nov.
Maths with stats. 70+.
No response.
Hi!
Applied to ML late November, got an offer mid-December.
Got a Maths Bsc with a low 2.1 (62)
Currently a SWE, spent past year doing some related online courses and learning projects.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Hi!
Currently a SWE, spent past year doing some related online courses and learning projects.

(Sorry accidentally posted anonymously)
Hi!

This is really fast! I’ve waited for over 2 months lol.
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi,

I wondered if anyone knows whether it is possible for a candidate who does not exactly meet the minimum requirement to get an offer from these programmes?

I am from an economics/business analytics background with 4 years of programming experience and a year of work related to ds/ml/dl.
Getting another degree in highly quantitative areas just to meet the minimum requirement does not sound worth it.
Original post by AdaLovelace101
Hi,

I wondered if anyone knows whether it is possible for a candidate who does not exactly meet the minimum requirement to get an offer from these programmes?

I am from an economics/business analytics background with 4 years of programming experience and a year of work related to ds/ml/dl.
Getting another degree in highly quantitative areas just to meet the minimum requirement does not sound worth it.

I think it will be fine if you have enough knowledge in undergraduate level statistics and some basic maths like linear algebra...
Applied Jan 04
BA in Math and Stats 2:1, 3.4
MS in Math Finance Merit
Program: CSML DSML

Anyone heard back from these two programs?
Original post by MsLilith
(Sorry accidentally posted anonymously)

Hey! What were your condisions? Is it just 2:1 or any specific precentage.
Hi!

Can you share your offer conditions
Anyone heard back from Msc ML?
Anyone heard back from MSc CSML? I have an offer from another institution with a confirmation date of the 16th of March asking for a significant deposit and have sent multiple emails asking for an application timeframe but have had no response?
Original post by Cbrown223
Anyone heard back from MSc CSML? I have an offer from another institution with a confirmation date of the 16th of March asking for a significant deposit and have sent multiple emails asking for an application timeframe but have had no response?

When did you apply? I applied w/ refs on 1st Feb so probably unsurprisingly I haven't heard back yet lol
Original post by irishapplicant
When did you apply? I applied w/ refs on 1st Feb so probably unsurprisingly I haven't heard back yet lol

I applied in early Jan with references submitted by the 19th of Jan. Been trying to get in contact with the CS department for over a week and have had no responses whatsoever, unsure what to do about my other offer?
I applied in early Jan with references submitted by the 19th of Jan. Been trying to get in contact with the CS department for over a week and have had no responses whatsoever, unsure what to do about my other offer?

I've heard UCL can take a really long time to get back to applicants. Might be worth seeing if the other institution is willing to extend the deadline as you're waiting on another application?
Original post by irishapplicant
I've heard UCL can take a really long time to get back to applicants. Might be worth seeing if the other institution is willing to extend the deadline as you're waiting on another application?

Yeah, I think I will be forced to do this too, thanks for your help!
Reply 17
Applied mid October for DSML programme.
BSc Mathematics 95% (International Student)
Did several data science projects
No response yet
(edited 2 years ago)
I did not see that one of the conditions for DSML is to mention grades for related math courses in the personal statement essay. Can it decrease my chances to be accepted if I just listed all of these courses without grades?:frown:

Hi, could u pls share ur background and timeline?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending