The Student Room Group

Law Commission Research Assistant 2022

Hello!

Just thought I'd start a thread for this year's application round.

The portal says "Your application is currently on hold, and we will be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process."

Bit anxious about the whole thing.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KS_33
Hello!

Just thought I'd start a thread for this year's application round.

The portal says "Your application is currently on hold, and we will be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process."

Bit anxious about the whole thing.

Hi there, very best of luck and hope you progress to the next stage and hear back from them soon. I wanted to inform you that I have already heard back from the Commission Today inviting me to attend an interview and a friend of mine heard back at the same time with a rejection email. Which team did you apply for?
Reply 2
Original post by mickwidd_25
Hi there, very best of luck and hope you progress to the next stage and hear back from them soon. I wanted to inform you that I have already heard back from the Commission Today inviting me to attend an interview and a friend of mine heard back at the same time with a rejection email. Which team did you apply for?

Congrats on the interview!

Ive not had any communication so far. I applied to the criminal team wbu?
Original post by KS_33
Congrats on the interview!

Ive not had any communication so far. I applied to the criminal team wbu?

I applied for the Commercial and Common Law Team. Did you hear back?
Hi everyone. Did you all get that communication about receiving a feedback report on the situational judgment test? It said that the feedback report would be made available by 18/2/2022. Did you all receive one? Thank you!
Hi, no I haven't heard this feedback yet. When I tried to click on the link back onto the test website, I couldn't get feedback then either.

Anyone else applying for the criminal law team?
Original post by KCL_Lawyer
Hi everyone. Did you all get that communication about receiving a feedback report on the situational judgment test? It said that the feedback report would be made available by 18/2/2022. Did you all receive one? Thank you!

Hi, I got the test back mid feb - it’s from the email address [email protected] so wouldn’t seem affiliated to the law com at first glance! Maybe have a look in your junk?
How were people's interviews?
Reply 8
Original post by law_grad!!
How were people's interviews?

Are the interviews only about the legal research you are asked to do beforehand or do they also include questions about motivations etc?
Original post by Melon4
Are the interviews only about the legal research you are asked to do beforehand or do they also include questions about motivations etc?

Was about 10-15 mins on the legal research, and the rest on strength and competency :smile:

What team you going for?
Reply 10
Original post by law_grad!!
Was about 10-15 mins on the legal research, and the rest on strength and competency :smile:

What team you going for?

Hey thanks for the reply - how long would you say the strength and competency bit was?

I am applying for the Public Law and Law in Wales team

How about you?
Has anyone heard back?
Reply 12
I haven't yet, what date did they say again?
I think was w/c 25 so I guess it could be anytime this week
Still nothing yet?
In my interview they said they would let us know on the 27th. I wonder, though, whether they would let their preferred candidates know in advance of this.
In my interview they said they would let us know on the 27th. I wonder, though, whether they would let their preferred candidates know in advance of this.

Yes it's hard to know who will hear first, what team did you interview for?
Original post by ClDain11123
Yes it's hard to know who will hear first, what team did you interview for?

Public Law and Law in Wales, what about you?
I guess it might vary from team to team
Public Law and Law in Wales, what about you?

Criminal Law, so wondering whether when we hear will depend on the team we have applied for

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending