The Student Room Group

Feel free to ask anything - Been accepted to Generation EasyJet MPL 2022

Pop your questions and I will gladly answer them.
What would you say was the key aspect to your application?
Original post by Kafujr

Congratulations on being accepted.
I'm planning on doing the assessment next month. Have you got any particular advice or tips for Stage 2: ADAPT Test?
What website did you use for your preparation?

The main thing I'm trying to brush up on is maths. Any particular website which was similar?

Thank you :smile:

Screenshot 2022-03-14 at 22.36.39.jpgScreenshot 2022-03-14 at 22.38.07.jpg
Reply 3
Hi there,How long did it take for them to get back to you and inform that you had been successful after the Stage 3 Assessment. Many thanks.
Reply 4
Original post by sunshinehss
What would you say was the key aspect to your application?

What do you mean by that?
Reply 5
Original post by kieronhawke
Congratulations on being accepted.
I'm planning on doing the assessment next month. Have you got any particular advice or tips for Stage 2: ADAPT Test?
What website did you use for your preparation?

The main thing I'm trying to brush up on is maths. Any particular website which was similar?

Thank you :smile:

Screenshot 2022-03-14 at 22.36.39.jpgScreenshot 2022-03-14 at 22.38.07.jpg

Thank you!

I would suggest using one of the symbiotics packages because you don’t get to use a calculator during the assessment so latestpilotjobs isn’t going to help you much in that respect but it definitely helps if you want to improve your maths globally
Reply 6
Original post by cr1056
Hi there,How long did it take for them to get back to you and inform that you had been successful after the Stage 3 Assessment. Many thanks.

Literally the next day at 11am
Reply 7
Hi there, many congratulations. What sort of questions were asked during the interview?
Hi there, congratulations on being accepted, have got my stage 3 next month.

Was just wondering how you found the group exercise and what it entailed. Also, what would be you key tips to try and be successful in this stage?
Reply 9
Original post by samuelh0193
Hi there, congratulations on being accepted, have got my stage 3 next month.

Was just wondering how you found the group exercise and what it entailed. Also, what would be you key tips to try and be successful in this stage?

Hi, thank you and sorry to get back to you so late completely forgot about TSR.

The group exercise basically entailed a hypothetical project in which participants are invited to give their inputs and each come up with a proposal. The goal is then to discuss each others proposals and settle with one, or merge each others ideas to come up with a final proposal to give to the tutor at then end of the session. You will be 12 on the day and 6 for the group exercise and don't forget to remember names and maybe offer to summarise which would show initiative and invite quiet candidates to speak up to show leadership and to ultimately achieve a healthy discussion.

Good luck!
Original post by Kafujr

This thread is surely a joke right.. did you not research what happened to us MPL students during the pandemic? You couldn't have missed it online. Stay away from their marketing and 'job offer' as we saw how much they really cared about us after already spending the money. Remember, that license allows you to fly for one airline only, and we witnessed what happens when they just dump you
Reply 11
Original post by LandGear99
This thread is surely a joke right.. did you not research what happened to us MPL students during the pandemic? You couldn't have missed it online. Stay away from their marketing and 'job offer' as we saw how much they really cared about us after already spending the money. Remember, that license allows you to fly for one airline only, and we witnessed what happens when they just dump you

I researched it and I am completely aware of what happened to the crisis struck MPL cadets, it was unfortunate, I heard some of the MPLs transferred to ATPL for a huge amount and heard others decided to wait and hope, and their patience was "worth" it because they finished their base training or type rating not long ago and will be s/o with ezy.

The MPL license will be switched to an ATPL at 1,500 hours with a multi-crew restriction which you can get rid off if necessary with some PPL training or top up hour training if I'm not mistaken. But yes I am aware that up until 1,500 hours you are tied to easyJet to get your license transfer granted at 1,500 hours.

I guess the saying "extraordinary times require extraordinary measures" makes a whole lot of sense now unfortunately. If you're in this industry you must be willing to take risks and personally I am fully willing to take on the risk knowing that I have a fallback option. And I am fully aware that the letter of intent is not a binding contract and that a job is never secured until the signing of a contract at the end of training.

MPL cadets that got their contract withdrawn had the unluckiest of timings but I guess you can't predict the future and dwell on the past. I sincerely hope you are recovering from the impacts of covid on your training and hope you will be taking to the skies in the near future.

Kind regards,

Fellow Aviator
Reply 12
Original post by Kafujr

Hello! I am coming up on my GSCE'S in 2 years time and would like to become a pilot preferably with EasyJet first. The CAE program has provided interest for some questions
Firstly, what A Levels would you recommend studying if I'm doing English, Science + Maths Foundation, Geography, ICT and French.

And hopefully whenever I get through the application and get interviewed, would you think it would be good to mention the fact that I flown Airbus Officially Licensed Products? (And no, I don't just spawn on the runway and T/O, I go through the whole procedures such as APU startup, FMC programming etc etc with somewhat IRL EZY SOP's.)
I do like to spend a lot of my free time flying in the simulator doing that.

Finally, did you choose the Cadet programme with accommodation and transport? If so, what are they like and would you say if its worth it?

Thanks!
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi there,In the Physics assessment at Phase 2, were you allowed to use your Physics Formula Crib Sheet provided by Symbiotics during the test? Thanks in advance!
Original post by Kafujr
Hi, are you still doing this course? It would be good to understand the intensity of the programme? Is full time “classes” or more modular? I’m trying to work out if I can also keep my job.
Reply 15
Original post by Kafujr

Hey Kafujr, I am trying to also take part in the EasyJet pilot mpl programme and I just wanted to know a bit more about the programme
1- I wanted to know how competitive it is to land a place are there many applicants for a limited numebr of places or is it fairly easy to land a place?
2- I would like to know how the stage 2 exams were , and if when douing the exams online will I need to download any particular apps or is the exam done online on the symbiotics website and how the FAST test was done if it was on an app or web
3- I would like to know if they asked a lot of competency-based questions or a lot of aviation related questions in the single interview and if so what topics in aviation will I need to revise or learn about, and how the split was since it a 30 minute interview was it like 15 min competency and 15 min aviation related or ...
4 - Lastly I wanted to get some firsthand experience on how you are finding the course, if you are enjoying it , finding it stressful ext . Finally Thanks in advance and congratulations!!
Reply 16
hi, is there any chance that you can share with us what type of questions they ask in the interview?

regards
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Kafujr

In the workshop they stated as motivation to not really say reasons are as to travel say, you like planes etc as you can fly as a hobby so what commercial aspects did you talk about as reasoning to be a pilot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending