The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Business Paper 1: 9BS0 01 - 25 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did this exam go for you?

Edexcel A Level Business Paper 1: Marketing People and Global Businesses 9BS0 01 - 25 May 2022

-Exam Chat Thread-

Exam technique, night before breakdowns and discussion regarding this exam... This is the place to be

Feel free to chat about your exam, add resources to the thread as well as anything that may be helpful to others

This thread covers the following papers:

9BS0 01 Paper 1 2h 25 May 2022 pm

Resources

Edexcel Spec // Edexcel Advance Information

(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mythical Pingu
Edexcel A Level Business Paper 1: Marketing People and Global Businesses 9BS0 01 - 25 May 2022

-Exam Chat Thread-

Exam technique, night before breakdowns and discussion regarding this exam... This is the place to be

Feel free to chat about your exam, add resources to the thread as well as anything that may be helpful to others

Resources

i cannot be the only one here:frown:
Original post by Angel cake 55

I do aqa and there's no thread for ours ;0
Original post by bubblejumbo

oh my days... and i thought business was popular haha
Reply 4
Original post by Angel cake 55

I'm here as well hahahaha, if you wanna exchange advice and stuff then I'm happy to talk about anything!
Original post by bubblejumbo

I just made some AQA Business threads :smile: Find them in the GCSE Exam Discussions directory :smile:

Good luck!
Original post by TomR4
I'm here as well hahahaha, if you wanna exchange advice and stuff then I'm happy to talk about anything!

yayyyy hey there. Out of interest what paper is ur fave? paper 1 doesnt seem too bad tbh
also how is revision going
Original post by shmuck218
can you make an A level AQA business thread please?

I made one called aqa a level business exam yay idk how to link it though
hey :smile:

i got an A* in A level edexcel business so id be more than happy to help if anyone has any qs !
Original post by aliaa03

i got an A* in A level edexcel business so id be more than happy to help if anyone has any qs !

Any tips for revising for paper 3? x
Reply 10
Original post by aliaa03

Hi there, what did you find was the most efficient way to revise paper 1 and do you have any general tips, thanks
Hey guys,
Paper 1 this time next week, how we feeling. whats our predictions of the 20 markers with the advanced information? I think paper 1 seems alright but theme 4 is a bit...
I think I am most worried about timing, in my mocks I missed loads of questions because I ran out.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by 17177171Ammmmm
Hey guys,
Paper 1 this time next week, how we feeling. whats our predictions of the 20 markers with the advanced information? I think paper 1 seems alright but theme 4 is a bit...
I think I am most worried about timing, in my mocks I missed loads of questions because I ran out.

Cant lie, I’m feeling pretty confident! I’m slightly worried about timings too bc it’s hard to do full past papers bc I’ve based my revision solely on the advanced info :O I could definitely see the International trade being a 20 marker but I’m not sure what it’s be paired with
ye I need help I got a D in the mock a few months back
Reply 14
Original post by Mythical Pingu

-Exam Chat Thread-

Resources

Does anyone know what came up in the AS edexcel paper 1 if it happened? :smile:
How r u confident like what'd u do cuz i really gotta know im in an absolute slump and my timing sucks across all my exams and i dont have much time to fix it now so i could use some pointers.

Original post by cloudniineee
Cant lie, I’m feeling pretty confident! I’m slightly worried about timings too bc it’s hard to do full past papers bc I’ve based my revision solely on the advanced info :O I could definitely see the International trade being a 20 marker but I’m not sure what it’s be paired with
Original post by t.hafsa
How r u confident like what'd u do cuz i really gotta know im in an absolute slump and my timing sucks across all my exams and i dont have much time to fix it now so i could use some pointers.

I’m a resit student 😭

On a real one, things that have really helped me were blurting for each topic. I’ve made flashcards that I review frequently to make sure I understand a topic. Having good knowledge on each topic should help with the ease of writing!! Also, I used other people’s notes instead of making my own. I had a range of notes (specific to this exam board ofc) but if you don’t have notes for the topic I recommend starting with these notes in the description: https://youtu.be/XtB_QnI9YQ4

Do consistent essay practice and time yourself. For me, the more I write, the quicker I can get. After reading some of my responses, I can see for myself oftentimes where I need to cut down on paragraphs.

Essay feedback: When I get feedback on an essay I write down every pointer I get from my tutor. This also helps with timings because if your teacher identifies places you’ve been a bit too wordy (which is typically the case for me), you can shorten responses in a 4 marker so you have more time for a 10 marker for example.

For me, chains of analysis are what gets me stuck most of the time so I practice on this too.
(edited 1 year ago)
yayyy that's good to hear, I was lowkey excited too but I'm just nervous because it's exams lol. yh i have only revised advanced information as well. I know this is a dumb question but is the first section just theme 1 and the second section just theme 4 or is it mixed lool.

im trying to make lots of example essays for the exams, no harm if it doesn't come up. I was thinking

X is a factor that affects supply. assess whether X is the most important factor that affects supply.
assess whether financial or nonfinancial factors are the most important reason why the entrepreneur set up the business.
whether the business shoud stay as a X or turn into a franchise for growth/profitability ? 20 marker

what other subjects do you take.

Cant lie, I’m feeling pretty confident! I’m slightly worried about timings too bc it’s hard to do full omgpast papers bc I’ve based my revision solely on the advanced info :O I could definitely see the International trade being a 20 marker but I’m not sure what it’s be paired with

Original post by t.hafsa
I’m a resit student 😭

On a real one, things that have really helped me were blurting for each topic. I’ve made flashcards that I review frequently to make sure I understand a topic. Having good knowledge on each topic should help with the ease of writing!! Also, I used other people’s notes instead of making my own. I had a range of notes (specific to this exam board ofc) but if you don’t have notes for the topic I recommend starting with these notes in the description: https://youtu.be/XtB_QnI9YQ4

Do consistent essay practice and time yourself. For me, the more I write, the quicker I can get. After reading some of my responses, I can see for myself oftentimes where I need to cut down on paragraphs.

Essay feedback: When I get feedback on an essay I write down every pointer I get from my tutor. This also helps with timings because if your teacher identifies places you’ve been a bit too wordy (which is typically the case for me), you can shorten responses in a 4 marker so you have more time for a 10 marker for example.

For me, chains of analysis are what gets me stuck most of the time so I practice on this too.

I use his notes to its so goodd!!!!!!
Yes I’m pretty sure it’s theme 1 first and then theme 4. Also, that’s a really good idea! It’s so hard to find sample questions after doing all the ones from previous papers. I could totally see forms of businesses being a 20 marker. I’m curious to know though, since I’m a private candidate, did your teachers teach only from the advanced info or did they give you lessons on other topics that link too?

Also, I do English Literature and A Level Maths! hbuuu!

Latest

Trending

Trending