The Student Room Group

How is it possible to eat a vanilla slice?

Can someone explain the technique :yum:

Scroll to see replies

Ooh that looks delish! I'd try just biting down on one end and being ready for the custard splurge :giggle:
Reply 2
You have to insert the entire thing in your mouth, sideways.

It's the only way
Open your gob and shove it in. You’re welcome.
You eat the icing bit first, then the custard then the last bit of pastry :biggrin: :yum:
Eat the icing from the top, then the bottom and then the sponge in the middle.
turn it on its side, then take a bite!
Original post by CoolCavy
Can someone explain the technique :yum:

Good question. The first time I tried it, I used a fork. Not a good idea. :tongue:

Now, I usually take the top part of the icing off, eat a bit of the custard in the middle and then put the top of the icing back on top. This makes the slice easier to fit in my mouth when I take a bite.
Original post by PAR2MED
You have to insert the entire thing in your mouth, sideways.

It's the only way

great idea! if your eating out maybe use a fork! and scoop up the inside onto your fork
Start off ladylike then get dirty
Please explain a vanilla slice to the uninitiated? :smile:
scrape out the custard with your filthy fingers, keep that in your back pocket for later. scarf down the wafers in one go.
stick it in your cakehole

:h:
Original post by penguingirl18

as the picture! Two layers of thin, sweet puff pastry, top and bottom, with the top layer iced. In the middle is a very thick layer of custard in the middle.

Note that the custard is not like that from a tin of ambrosia, it's much firmer and gelatinous - however it will still squish down everywhere when you take a bite, and spill out all over your nice clean clothes if you are a custard slice novice.
Original post by PAR2MED
as the picture! Two layers of thin, sweet puff pastry, top and bottom, with the top layer iced. In the middle is a very thick layer of custard in the middle.

Note that the custard is not like that from a tin of ambrosia, it's much firmer and gelatinous - however it will still squish down everywhere when you take a bite, and spill out all over your nice clean clothes if you are a custard slice novice.

Sounds yummy. :drool:
Sounds yummy. :drool:

they are really rather delicious, but I am very partial to a pastry if given half a chance
Original post by flaurie
biting down on one end and being ready for the custard splurge :giggle:

Original post by PAR2MED
You have to insert the entire thing in your mouth

Original post by goggleyed
Open your gob and shove it in.

Original post by Hannah_lynx
turn it on its side, then take a bite!

Original post by harrysbar

Mm kinky 😂
Original post by flaurie
Ooh that looks delish! I'd try just biting down on one end and being ready for the custard splurge :giggle:

This is the struggle :argh:

An impenetrable slice of yum :colondollar:

Impossible to eat without making a huge mess
Original post by harrysbar

Original post by the bear
stick it in your cakehole

:h:

O my :teehee:

Quick Reply