The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter self-catered accommodation 2022

Heya, I've got an unconditional place for September (although not sure that makes much difference) and currently am looking at accommodation. I don't want to spend loads and so am not too fussed about en-suite but also value my space and want to be comfortable. My top 3 at the moment are Birks Grange, East Park and Moberly. Any thoughts...would love all advice! Also I'm not huge into partying so am kinda staying away from Lafrowda aha
Reply 1
It'll really depend on what course you're doing and where you're based. Some things to note about each of their rooms; Moberly doesn't offer en-suite (though as you said, that's not an issue for you), and has the smallest of the rooms at 9.5 square meters, as well as the townhouse rooms having a single bed. East Park is the newest accommodation building, it's a bit more expensive than Moberly, but the rooms are a bit larger (9.6 square meters) and it has three-quarter double beds. Birks rooms also have single beds, but they're also the largest of the rooms at 9.9 square meters.
Distance wise, Moberly is the furthest from campus centre, and East Park is the closest (though it's a range of 10-15 minutes, so not a huge difference).
I've never visited Moberly or Birks myself, but I have visited East Park since one of my friends is staying there, and I can tell you that it is nice. Since it's the newest, it's fairly modern, and it has Games Rooms and study spaces that you can book in the building.
Hope this helps, and feel free to ask if you have any more questions!
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by tw559
It'll really depend on what course you're doing and where you're based. Some things to note about each of their rooms; Moberly doesn't offer en-suite (though as you said, that's not an issue for you), and has the smallest of the rooms at 9.5 square meters, as well as the townhouse rooms having a single bed. East Park is the newest accommodation building, it's a bit more expensive than Moberly, but the rooms are a bit larger (9.6 square meters) and it has three-quarter double beds. Birks rooms also have single beds, but they're also the largest of the rooms at 9.9 square meters.
Distance wise, Moberly is the furthest from campus centre, and East Park is the closest (though it's a range of 10-15 minutes, so not a huge difference).
I've never visited Moberly or Birks myself, but I have visited East Park since one of my friends is staying there, and I can tell you that it is nice. Since it's the newest, it's fairly modern, and it has Games Rooms and study spaces that you can book in the building.
Hope this helps, and feel free to ask if you have any more questions!

Thank you so much, this is really helpful to know, especially room sizes as I couldn't find that anywhere online! What are your thoughts on St Davids?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you so much, this is really helpful to know, especially room sizes as I couldn't find that anywhere online! What are your thoughts on St Davids?

Haven't really been there much, so can't give too accurate an answer, but it's further away than all the other 3 I mentioned, though it does have some of the largest rooms. It's also one of the old accommodation blocks, so some things might be a bit outdated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending