The Student Room Group

Government Assistant Economist Scheme 2022 Applications

Hey, I just completed the numerical and verbal reasoning tests for the Assistant Economist scheme, and have to fill in the personal statement section. It asks for degree title, modules, marks etc., but doesn't mention anything else to put in there, ie. motivation/experiences and so on. Anyone filled it in and know?

I emailed the recruitment team, but they take upto 5 days to reply, so thought i might get some luck here

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ADSER
Hey, I just completed the numerical and verbal reasoning tests for the Assistant Economist scheme, and have to fill in the personal statement section. It asks for degree title, modules, marks etc., but doesn't mention anything else to put in there, ie. motivation/experiences and so on. Anyone filled it in and know?

I emailed the recruitment team, but they take upto 5 days to reply, so thought i might get some luck here

Literally have the same question. However, from reading page 1 of last years thread, someone said "I emailed them about this and they responded that they only need degree title & list of modules with grades and that any other info regarding skills & experience is redundant" - whilst that doesn't say about motivation etc. I think it's literally just modules
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Oedg
Literally have the same question. However, from reading page 1 of last years thread, someone said "I emailed them about this and they responded that they only need degree title & list of modules with grades and that any other info regarding skills & experience is redundant" - whilst that doesn't say about motivation etc. I think it's literally just modules

Yeah I literally just put in modules and details of them.

Anyone know when we can expect to hear back?
Reply 3
Original post by ShruteFarms
Yeah I literally just put in modules and details of them.

Anyone know when we can expect to hear back?

I can't say for sure, but I suspect it will be end of March early April. The website says end of March, but that was before they extended the deadline.
Original post by Oedg
I can't say for sure, but I suspect it will be end of March early April. The website says end of March, but that was before they extended the deadline.

Has anyone else heard back? Been invited to book an interview but no slots available
Reply 5
Has anyone else heard back? Been invited to book an interview but no slots available

Same as me. It says “we’re all getting an interview” I think because of delays or something (it’s one of the emails, but you’ll find they sent like 4 or so), but yeah, I can’t book on either. I’ve emailed asking if new slots will open up, so I’ll let you know what they say
Original post by Oedg
Same as me. It says “we’re all getting an interview” I think because of delays or something (it’s one of the emails, but you’ll find they sent like 4 or so), but yeah, I can’t book on either. I’ve emailed asking if new slots will open up, so I’ll let you know what they say

Please do. Do you have any info on the interview itself? Looked at last year's thread but no-one really explained the actual interview.
Reply 7
Please do. Do you have any info on the interview itself? Looked at last year's thread but no-one really explained the actual interview.

I’ve just got an email, I’m assuming you should have it too, just saying don’t worry that the first block of interviews has been fully booked, more slots will be offered soon. In terms of the interview, I think it’s mostly: an exercise of sorts, maybe a written test; probably you also have to give a presentation; and finally the standard interview, with a 30min part on econ questions, specifically related to the subject you highlighted as your ‘strong’ area.
Got an email saying there's new slots, went on to check 15 mins after the email was sent only to find no slots :frown:
Reply 9
Got an email saying there's new slots, went on to check 15 mins after the email was sent only to find no slots :frown:

Same as me. We’ll get a slot eventually
Reply 10

Have you had an update?
Original post by Oedg
Have you had an update?

No email but checking the website right now and there's a slot for 22nd April which I'm not taking.
E: Last email I received was the 11th April
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 12
No email but checking the website right now and there's a slot for 22nd April which I'm not taking.
E: Last email I received was the 11th April

I’ve just checked and there’s nothing, so someone must have taken it anyway, but I wouldn’t have wanted that either, I could do with at least a weeks notice. I didn’t know they were releasing slots without emailing us though 🤦🏼*♂️
Original post by Oedg
I’ve just checked and there’s nothing, so someone must have taken it anyway, but I wouldn’t have wanted that either, I could do with at least a weeks notice. I didn’t know they were releasing slots without emailing us though 🤦🏼*♂️

Given that it was for <1weeks notice I think someone may have dropped out of theirs rather than been a new slot. But yeah, not taking an interview in 3 days when we're supposed to get a week. 😒
Original post by Njord
I also saw that and wasn't taking it for the same reason, one thing that caught my eye though was that it says interview 1 in big bold letters above it. Are there going to be multiple interviews or is it just the assement centre? Everything ive read so far on it suggests that its just the assement centre

I believe it'll be just the one. Am I right in thinking that the slot said 10:40 - 13:15? 2 and a half hours seem right?
Reply 15
I just saw a slot for the 27th at 8:20 to 11:50 I think it was, and then it literally went. Did anyone manage book an interview?
Reply 16
Ok so I ended up booking on for the 26th, which is sooner than the one I initially saw but I sort of panicked in case I was left with an even sooner date, hopefully it’ll be alright
Reply 17
Anyone manage to book today? Saw the email two hours late but told there'd be slots today and tomorrow

I think they send the emails out late, or at least not everyone gets them the same time, because I booked on because I just checked the website, so I never actually got an email, and every time I got emails the slots where always gone. I’m just wondering if I would have been better off waiting though
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Oedg
Ok so I ended up booking on for the 26th, which is sooner than the one I initially saw but I sort of panicked in case I was left with an even sooner date, hopefully it’ll be alright

I'm currently not booking a slot rn for the 25th and hoping a better slot opens next week. Good luck with yours, hope it goes great!
Anyone know when slots are being released this week? Getting anxious now and thinking I should have just taken an earlier slot fgs 😬

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending