The Student Room Group

MSc Banking and Finance - King's College London

Hi! I have an offer for the MSc program in Banking and Finance from King's College London for the 2022/23 intake. I have been trying to find insights, opinions and reviews online about the course but in vain.

I wanted to know if the course is good and if it has good employment prospects. Although King's is an old and established Institution, the Business School is relatively new, and I cannot find it on any significant rankings such as FT and QS.

Any help with this would be much appreciated!
Hi !

Congratulations for your offer :smile:

I won't be able to answer your question .. as I am also an applicant for the same master !

Do you mind sharing your application timeline ? I would like to have an idea on their answer time lmao
Reply 2
Original post by Antoine69
Hi !

Congratulations for your offer :smile:

I won't be able to answer your question .. as I am also an applicant for the same master !

Do you mind sharing your application timeline ? I would like to have an idea on their answer time lmao

Thank You! it took about 4 weeks for them to give me an offer. Hope that helps and good luck with your application!
Original post by jayk12345
Hi! I have an offer for the MSc program in Banking and Finance from King's College London for the 2022/23 intake. I have been trying to find insights, opinions and reviews online about the course but in vain.

I wanted to know if the course is good and if it has good employment prospects. Although King's is an old and established Institution, the Business School is relatively new, and I cannot find it on any significant rankings such as FT and QS.

Any help with this would be much appreciated!

Firstly congrats! What all the other unis you got offers from?
Reply 4
Original post by kanishmc99
Firstly congrats! What all the other unis you got offers from?

Hey! Thank You! I also got into Cranfield and still waiting on a few more

To be honest cranfield holds more value in terms of business school than kings. Kings is a prestigious college with excellent reputation for law and medicine. It's like on par with john hopkins (medicine) and columbia (Law). However their business school doesn't hold any such reputation. It's relatively new and don't have a triple accreditation yet. Cranfield def tops kings in terms of business school. However king's being at the heart of London has its advantages like networking with various financial firms at the capital city. But beware the cost of living is crazy high in London.

Now the choice is yours. Either way all the very best for your future. And always remember its not the uni that defines you rather you defines yourself.
Reply 6
Original post by kanishmc99
To be honest cranfield holds more value in terms of business school than kings. Kings is a prestigious college with excellent reputation for law and medicine. It's like on par with john hopkins (medicine) and columbia (Law). However their business school doesn't hold any such reputation. It's relatively new and don't have a triple accreditation yet. Cranfield def tops kings in terms of business school. However king's being at the heart of London has its advantages like networking with various financial firms at the capital city. But beware the cost of living is crazy high in London.

Now the choice is yours. Either way all the very best for your future. And always remember its not the uni that defines you rather you defines yourself.

So according to you Cranfield is a better idea vs kings

I'm in similar dilemma. My choices are UCL Msc management (finance pathway) Vs KCL Msc banking and finance Vs Warwick Msc finance

Hi there!

Congratulations on the offer!

It can be really difficult to find individual opinions on courses from people who have actually experienced them.
If you want that kind of info for Cranfield, we have a feature where you can ask current students through Unibuddy about how they find the course, and hopefully get multiple personal opinions!
https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/ambassador-chat
You can access that through the link above and choose whatever theme or specific course you like :smile:

You can also check out any school or area specific rankings and awards here:
https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/about/rankings-and-awards
The school of management is highly ranked by several different ranking systems, so it's worth looking at that.

Cranfield also is very career-focused and often involves industry in it's teaching, whether that is guiding course content or being involved in group and individual projects.
Which course at Cranfield have you applied for?
https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/som/masters-courses/finance-and-management
Above is the link for the Finance and Management MSc, where there's info about our connections to industry for that course, and how it is kept so career-focused.
If this isn't the course for you, let me know and I'd be happy to find info specific to you!

Good luck with your decisions!
Ciara
2nd year Agrifood PhD student
Cranfield Student Ambassador
Original post by Hp28
So according to you Cranfield is a better idea vs kings

I'm in similar dilemma. My choices are UCL Msc management (finance pathway) Vs KCL Msc banking and finance Vs Warwick Msc finance

If you get an offer from warwick just don't let it go. It's on par with the likes of lse or oxbridge for finance. Few of my peers even have rejected oxford or Cambridge for Warwick. It have an excellent reputation among employers. When you're a graduate of warwick business school they know that they can bank on you. Beware the course is very rigorous.
Reply 9
This is my biggest dilemma. I'm an international student so job prospects will be one of the biggest priority for me.
For me it will all boil down to which uni provides with better job prospects.
Original post by Hp28
This is my biggest dilemma. I'm an international student so job prospects will be one of the biggest priority for me.
For me it will all boil down to which uni provides with better job prospects.

The job market in UK is enormous especially after the Brexit and the PSW.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending