The Student Room Group

Spring 2022 Anime Preview Thread

The clocks have gone forward, that means it's Spring time~ Here's what the new season has to offer anime-wise - hope you like comedy, as there's A LOT of it on the horizon!

(These series are all due to start airing in the first few weeks of April. If you're looking for something to watch between now and then, maybe check last season's preview thread for some ideas!)

-

Aharen-san wa Hakarenai

Ao Ashi

Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story

Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall

Build Divide: Code White

Dance Dance Danseur

Date A Live IV

Deaimon

Duel Masters King MAX

Estab-Life: Great Escape

Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu

Gunjou no Fanfare

Healer Girl

Heroine Tarumono! Kiraware Heroine to Naisho no Oshigoto

Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 3rd Season

Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic

Kakkou no Iinazuke

Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san

Kingdom 4th Season

Koi wa Sekai Seifuku no Ato de

Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. 2nd Season

Kono Healer, Mendokusai

Kunoichi Tsubaki no Mune no Uchi

Kyoukai Senki Part 2

(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Love All Play

Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai 2nd Season

Machikado Mazoku: 2-choume

Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Final Season - Asaki Yume no Akatsuki

Mahoutsukai Reimeiki

Motto! Majime ni Fumajime Kaiketsu Zorori 3rd Season

Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii desu

Paripi Koumei

Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Heart

RPG Fudousan

Shachiku-san wa Youjo Yuurei ni Iyasaretai.

Shadowverse Flame

Shijou Saikyou no Daimaou, Murabito A ni Tensei suru

Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road

Spy x Family

Summertime Render

2 Tate no Yuusha Nariagari Season

Thermae Romae Novae

2 Tiger & Bunny

Tomodachi Game

2 Ultraman Season

Yuusha, Yamemasu

Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Go Rush!!

-

All the info has been sourced from AniChart, AniDB, AniList, Youtube and MAL. If you think I've missed any upcoming full-length TV anime off this list, let me know and I'll look into them. :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Picked up:

Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story

Tomodachi Game

Tiger & Bunny 2

Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic

Dance Dance Danseur

Spy x Family

Koi wa Sekai Seifuku no Ato de

Mahoutsukai Reimeiki

Kono Healer, Mendokusai

Dropped:

Healer Girl

Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei Shitemita. r=1-sinθ

Kunoichi Tsubaki no Mune no Uchi

Paripi Koumei

Heroine Tarumono! Kiraware Heroine to Naisho no Oshigoto

Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu

Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san

Love All Play

Thermae Romae Novae

Aharen-san wa Hakarenai

Yuusha, Yamemasu
(edited 1 year ago)
Unfortunately, ad-supported free streaming will no longer be available on Crunchyroll starting with the new Spring season shows (aside from the first 3 eps of a few series).

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-03-26/crunchyroll-to-halt-ad-supported-streaming-starting-with-spring-2022-season/.184038
Oops, forgot to tag @Kallisto, as you requested!
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Oops, forgot to tag @Kallisto, as you requested!

Thanks that you remembered me.

You can remember another anime about golf? that is the first time I heard of! Could it be that Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story is also a romance anime about the main characters introduced in the trailer?
Original post by Kallisto
Thanks that you remembered me.

You can remember another anime about golf? that is the first time I heard of! Could it be that Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story is also a romance anime about the main characters introduced in the trailer?

No problem! :biggrin:

Dan Doh!! is the only other full TV anime about golf since 2000, but I haven't watched it yet; there were a couple of others in the 1980s (Pro Golfer Saru & Ashita Tenki ni Nare!), but they've not been translated into English as far as I know. And more recently, there was the 14 minute long Sorairo Utility!

I don't know about any romance subplots in Birdie Wing; it's not got that genre tag on any of the websites I've used to get this info, but that might just mean it's not the main focus. Only time will tell!
(These series are all due to start airing in the first few weeks of April. If you're looking for something to watch between now and then, maybe check last season's preview thread for some ideas!)

Might help if I actually remembered to INCLUDE A LINK to last season's preview thread. :ahee: Fixed!

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7147071
(edited 2 years ago)
No problem! :biggrin:

Dan Doh!! is the only other full TV anime about golf since 2000, but I haven't watched it yet; there were a couple of others in the 1980s (Pro Golfer Saru & Ashita Tenki ni Nare!), but they've not been translated into English as far as I know. And more recently, there was the 14 minute long Sorairo Utility!

I don't know about any romance subplots in Birdie Wing; it's not got that genre tag on any of the websites I've used to get this info, but that might just mean it's not the main focus. Only time will tell!

A golf anime with one episode and 14 minutes... hey, I can watch it in no time! that is really short, I am a bit curious now.
Added Duel Masters King MAX to the list... there's not a lot of info out there for it, but apparently it's still on the way in early April!
Reply 10
Definitely watching: Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Heart, Spy x Family, Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san, Kaguya-sama, Aharen-san wa Hakarenai.

Still got Komi-san season 1 on my list to watch, so I'll probably end up binging that and catching up on season 2 at some point.
Original post by alow
Definitely watching: Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Heart, Spy x Family, Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san, Kaguya-sama, Aharen-san wa Hakarenai.

Still got Komi-san season 1 on my list to watch, so I'll probably end up binging that and catching up on season 2 at some point.

It's a good season for rom coms! :biggrin:
Reply 12
It's a good season for rom coms! :biggrin:

Looks to be! Hopefully something this year ends up as good as Horimiya :rolleyes:
IT BEGINS! While none of the anime in my want to watch list are due to start this weekend, a handful of others are already airing - time to give some of those 'maybe' series a chance to win me over~

In a dystopian future, people are forced to live within the boundaries of the 'Clusters' where they are born, spending their life in one job. These Clusters are administered by AI, which have zero tolerance for anyone trying to leave. And yet, there are those who are so unsatisfied with their lives that they are willing to risk them trying to escape - that's where our main characters come in! Equa, Ferres and Martese are ordinary school girls (well, the latter is a demi-human slime, but that's ordinary here), who together with beastman Ulla and tiny robot Alga work as 'Extractors', helping their clients flee to other Clusters in hopes that the grass is greener on the other side.

Let's get the obvious out of the way - this is full 3D animation, lots of people hate it, I actually find it quite charming. Polygon Pictures is one of the better 3D studios by far, which helps given how action-packed this first episode was! Cast was fun; can't say anything about the plot or setting grabbed me immediately, but a few episodes of world building could change that.

Official Crunchyroll link: https://www.crunchyroll.com/en-gb/estab-life-great-escape
(edited 1 year ago)

Love All Play

Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai 2nd Season

Machikado Mazoku: 2-choume

Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Final Season - Asaki Yume no Akatsuki

Mahoutsukai Reimeiki

Motto! Majime ni Fumajime Kaiketsu Zorori 3rd Season

Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu

Paripi Koumei

Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Heart

RPG Fudousan

Shachiku-san wa Youjo Yuurei ni Iyasaretai.

Shadowverse Flame

Shijou Saikyou no Daimaou, Murabito A ni Tensei suru

Spy x Family

Summertime Render

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2

Thermae Romae Novae

Tiger & Bunny 2

Tomodachi Game

Ultraman Season 2

Yuusha, Yamemasu

Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Go Rush!!

-

All the info has been sourced from AniChart, AniDB, AniList, Youtube and MAL. If you think I've missed any upcoming full-length TV anime off this list, let me know and I'll look into them. :smile:

Just read the summary to Spy x Family. That is more exiting and funnier than I expected. Sounds like an anime I may please to add on my list.
Just read the summary to Spy x Family. That is more exiting and funnier than I expected. Sounds like an anime I may please to add on my list.

It's definitely the series I'm most looking forward to, apart from the sequels to things I've watched before anyway. :yep:
It's definitely the series I'm most looking forward to, apart from the sequels to things I've watched before anyway. :yep:

Just see that even a badminton anime is on air soon. Is it just my perception or did the sport animes got popular in the last two years...
Just see that even a badminton anime is on air soon. Is it just my perception or did the sport animes got popular in the last two years...

Yeah, there's definitely more of them, and covering a wider range of sports than just the popular baseball and football! I thought it was promotion for the Tokyo Olympics, since even things like beach volleyball (Harukana Receive) and sport climbing (Iwakakeru!) got anime series in recent years, but it looks like it's continuing even after the Olympics ended. :biggrin:
Over to HIDIVE, to find out if it's worth keeping my subscription going this season:

Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road (The Executioner and Her Way of Life)

A fantasy world is being inundated with 'Lost Ones': people from our real world country of Japan, who are transported there against their wills, often by illegal magical summoning. A schoolboy named Mitsuki finds himself in this situation, but his new isekai life doesn't quite go according to plan; he has no currency, no known super powers, and he can't even make a quick profit through introducing new technology to their world - previous Lost Ones have already done all of that long ago. A priestess named Menou reaches out to him, but in reality her role is to exterminate dangerous Lost Ones... turns out she's our real protagonist, and already has her next target in sight: a schoolgirl named Akari.

I got oversaturated and bored with isekai years ago, yet this series is self-aware that it's one of many, and bakes that into its premise - I like what it's doing with the genre. The world and its class systems were interesting. Menou was a solid main character, though I found her aide Momo annoying. Also, apparently this is shoujo-ai, which I missed in my pre-season synopsis! Not bad, but I think this season has better to come.

Official HIDIVE link: https://www.hidive.com/tv/the-executioner-and-her-way-of-life
(edited 1 year ago)
Yeah, there's definitely more of them, and covering a wider range of sports than just the popular baseball and football! I thought it was promotion for the Tokyo Olympics, since even things like beach volleyball (Harukana Receive) and sport climbing (Iwakakeru!) got anime series in recent years, but it looks like it's continuing even after the Olympics ended. :biggrin:

Oh, true. I have already forgotten the Olympic games. By the by the best sport anime in my opinion was and still is Attack No.1. Ever heard of this anime? it is a very old one.

Quick Reply

Latest