The Student Room Group

Video editing software

I'm trying to find a good video editor that I can use on my laptop that is also free as I cannot currently pay for one. Im trialing Davinci Resolve 17, however my laptop only has 4GB RAM and therefore it is really really laggy so if anyone has suggestions I'd appreciate it
Original post by thrivingfrog
I'm trying to find a good video editor that I can use on my laptop that is also free as I cannot currently pay for one. Im trialing Davinci Resolve 17, however my laptop only has 4GB RAM and therefore it is really really laggy so if anyone has suggestions I'd appreciate it

iMovie if you're on a Mac, otherwise kdenlive would be my go-to, although I must say, if your laptop only has 4GB of RAM your video editing experience isn't going to be amazing either way.
Reply 3
Have you ever tried Vjump App? I always use it when I need to edit a video. There are many cool visual effects. I will leave a link for you https://vjump.com/. Try it, hope you will like this app.
Reply 4
Original post by bluedipstick
iMovie if you're on a Mac, otherwise kdenlive would be my go-to, although I must say, if your laptop only has 4GB of RAM your video editing experience isn't going to be amazing either way.

I agree with this on both counts. Video editing is going to be a slog with that limited amount of memory to begin with, but your best bet for free software that's decent is imovie. It's simple to use too.
Video editing software is any software program capable of editing, modifying, generating, or manipulating a video or movie file. With a video editor, you can remove sections of the video, cut and arrange a video to give it a better flow, or add effects to enhance the video.

Greeting,
Rachel Gomez

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending