The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by unistudent0
Why isn’t TSR letting me send a private message?
I already posted loads

Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 14.15.47.png

6 posts, including your OP, is not 'loads'.

It always strikes many of us as odd that a new member would be so desperate to send a PM practically immediately upon joining. It seems to be a recent thing.
Why isn’t TSR letting me send a private message?
I already posted loads

You're probably still under the threshold to do so. What are you trying to send, seeing as you're so new to the website?
Keep taking part in the website to get more reputation points and experience.
Original post by Reality Check

It always strikes many of us as odd that a new member would be so desperate to send a PM practically immediately upon joining. It seems to be a recent thing.

This is what I was wondering.
Reply 4

6 is quite a lot for one person. because if i got a question i’d google it
Reply 5
Original post by -Eirlys-
You're probably still under the threshold to do so. What are you trying to send, seeing as you're so new to the website?
Keep taking part in the website to get more reputation points and experience.

I don’t need to send a private message nor am I desperate to. I just don’t have the option to:’)
I don’t need to send a private message nor am I desperate to. I just don’t have the option to:’)

But you will eventually? If you're not desperate, why even think or ask about it?
6 is quite a lot for one person.

lol, it really isn't...
Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 14.26.18.png
Reply 8
Original post by -Eirlys-
But you will eventually? If you're not desperate, why even think or ask about it?

Because point of TSR is to ask questions right :’)
Reply 9
lol, it really isn't...

Notice how they joined in 2005. it’s now 2022 and I just joined so for my first day, 6 is a lot
Your account also needs to be 3 days old.
lol, it really isn't...

Petition to raise the post requirement before DM's are enabled to 88k starts now.
Notice how they joined in 2005. it’s now 2022 and I just joined so for my first day, 6 is a lot

Oh wow, I didn't notice that. Thanks.

Because point of TSR is to ask questions right :’)

Exactly. And you ask questions on the open forum, like you're doing right now. Not via PM. Does that help you appreciate how TSR works? It's not a private messaging service, basically. The only people who try PM-ing routinely as a new member tend to be spammers or pervs.
Original post by Admit-One
Petition to raise the post requirement before DM's are enabled to 88k starts now.

:rofl: Where do I sign?
Original post by Admit-One

You’d lose your ability to private message then
You’d lose your ability to private message then

I have my DM's switched off because they are hot garbage. I'd live.
:rofl: Where do I sign?

Unfortunately you’d also lose your ability to PM but sounds like you’re not a fan of PM anyway
Also, Petitions never do anything..
(edited 2 years ago)
Oh wow, I didn't notice that. Thanks.

Exactly. And you ask questions on the open forum, like you're doing right now. Not via PM. Does that help you appreciate how TSR works? It's not a private messaging service, basically. The only people who try PM-ing routinely as a new member tend to be spammers or pervs.

Or maybe because someone messaged me and i can’t reply..
Unfortunately you’d also lose your ability to PM but sounds like you’re not a fan of PM anyway
Also, Petitions never do anything..

Well, you're getting your post count up now, so that's something.

I don't PM. I'm too good for that.
Or maybe because someone messaged me and i can’t reply..

Lol, highly doubt that
I had TSR for a month or two before I got a message

To be fair there are benefits to messaging, but like most of the messages I've had sent to me could easily have been done through a forum as they were questions relating to the uni I'm at/course I study/things I did at school
(edited 2 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending