The Student Room Group

Effective Revision Tips for Essay Based Subjects? A-Level 2022

Hi!
I'm currently really struggling on how to revise for my A-levels, having not done GCSE's in 2020 hasn't helped my situation at all. Does anyone have revision tips that they would like to share that helped them get to A*/A?
I do History (Edexcel), Politics (Edexcel), and Law (AQA).
Reply 1
Use mind maps, practice questions, note writing etc. Don’t bother using other people’s notes unless yours are appalling, as you will remember your A level classes better form your own notes. I’m in the same boat. Good luck for May and June!
Reply 2
Original post by Kay*
Use mind maps, practice questions, note writing etc. Don’t bother using other people’s notes unless yours are appalling, as you will remember your A level classes better form your own notes. I’m in the same boat. Good luck for May and June!

Thank you so much! Good luck :smile:
Original post by nehaalpana
Hi!
I'm currently really struggling on how to revise for my A-levels, having not done GCSE's in 2020 hasn't helped my situation at all. Does anyone have revision tips that they would like to share that helped them get to A*/A?
I do History (Edexcel), Politics (Edexcel), and Law (AQA).

Heya! What I used to do (and still do) is always do a small draft of my plan of the essay before actually writing an essay and then list points I want to make in each paragraph, it really helped me during writing of the essay as I would forget some points and be reminded of them when I go back to my draft.
Practice makes perfect! Do past papers and perhaps you could spot a trend with the essay questions, I used to do Economics a-levels which was heavily essay based and there was a trend in the questions. You could also ask your teachers if they have any tips or any templates you could use on the essays. For my economics, my teacher shared a template with us that we could use for any economics essay and get high grades:smile:.
Hope this helps!
Milena G.
UCL PFE
www.medicmind.co.uk

Quick Reply

Latest