The Student Room Group

Judicial Assistant 2022 Application

I could see older applications, but unfortunately not this years.

To anyone who did not attach their statement of suitability, contact the MOJ directly. They will get in contact with the hiring managers.
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SharnK94
I could see older applications, but unfortunately not this years.

To anyone who did not attach their statement of suitability, contact the MOJ directly. They will get in contact with the hiring managers.

Hi there, where did you attach your statement on the app? I couldn’t find the section for it anywhere but maybe it was me being stupid…

I did email it to them before the deadline, so I hope it will be ok.
Oh, I didn't see it in the form either and assumed that it wasn't needed. Will I be sifted out?
Original post by KCL_Lawyer
Oh, I didn't see it in the form either and assumed that it wasn't needed. Will I be sifted out?

Hey ! I only emailed it to them because I assumed it was me being stupid and that I’d missed the bit of the form where you were supposed to attach it.

I’ve triple checked the form and there is nowhere to attach the statement. You’ve also said you didn’t see it. Therefore, i think it’s safe to assume it was a mistake on the MoJ end.

I don’t see how it would be at all fair to sift anyone out because they didn’t upload a statement of suitability. It was the MoJ’s fault this was not on the application form. I assume they will just have to sift everyone based on the one behaviour and won’t consider any statements.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Londoncalling124
Hey ! I only emailed it to them because I assumed it was me being stupid and that I’d missed the bit of the form where you were supposed to attach it.

I’ve triple checked the form and there is nowhere to attach the statement. You’ve also said you didn’t see it. Therefore, i think it’s safe to assume it was a mistake on the MoJ end.

I don’t see how it would be at all fair to sift anyone out because they didn’t upload a statement of suitability. It was the MoJ’s fault this was not on the application form. I assume they will just have to sift everyone based on the one behaviour and won’t consider any statements.

I really hope that's the case! I agree that it would be the only fair way to do it.
There was no mention of a statement or any way to attach it if it was mentioned.
Original post by granthanley1968
There was no mention of a statement or any way to attach it if it was mentioned.

It says on the job description that applicants will be sifted based on: CV, behaviour and statement of suitability. But as we’ve all said, there was nowhere on the application form to upload a statement of suitability. So, I think the sift will be based just on the behaviour and CV.
I emailed MOJ recruitment about this before the deadline and they said this:

'If there is no where to fill in a statement of suitability then the vacancy managers have chosen not to add it on the application form.

So it will not be required at the moment.'
I also emailed them and they confirmed no statement of suitability was required
What does everyone’s status say? Mine says ‘on hold’. Not sure whether to read anything into that or not…
Original post by PupilPossibly
What does everyone’s status say? Mine says ‘on hold’. Not sure whether to read anything into that or not…

Mine says on hold too
Just had this email through: "Thank you for your application for the above position. We have reviewed your application and are happy to inform you that you will be progressed to the next stage of the process. We will be in contact with you shortly to confirm the next steps."
Original post by barcourse369
Just had this email through: "Thank you for your application for the above position. We have reviewed your application and are happy to inform you that you will be progressed to the next stage of the process. We will be in contact with you shortly to confirm the next steps."

Hey did you include a statement of suitability? Congrats!
Original post by NorthernBar456
Hey did you include a statement of suitability? Congrats!

Thank you! No I didn't when I emailed they said it wasn't required. Fingers crossed for you!
Was rejected today, good luck to everyone else!
Original post by KCL_Lawyer
Was rejected today, good luck to everyone else!

Me too !
Ive realised that my de-anonymised CV is more than two pages long! I didn't realise when I was inputting it on the online form. Anyone else have this issue and thoughts on biting the bullet and sending in >2pg CV?
Original post by regallegaleagle
Ive realised that my de-anonymised CV is more than two pages long! I didn't realise when I was inputting it on the online form. Anyone else have this issue and thoughts on biting the bullet and sending in >2pg CV?

I decided to keep it simple and literally just put my plain text CV from the application into a word document but replace the missing information. Hadn't thought about page count but mine's 3.5 pages total! Hopefully they won't be bothered about the format they just want the missing info.
Original post by barcourse369
I decided to keep it simple and literally just put my plain text CV from the application into a word document but replace the missing information. Hadn't thought about page count but mine's 3.5 pages total! Hopefully they won't be bothered about the format they just want the missing info.

Agreed, thats what I did too! Yes I don't think they will mind, especially as they could have given us a more restrictive word count on the form had they wanted to.
Anyone get told when we would hear back?

Also hopefully your interviews went better than mine!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending