The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Ranmoor or Endcliffe?

I'm quite a quiet person and I don't drink that much so I was going to choose Ranmoor for accommodation at Sheffield, but I really liked Endcliffe and the Edge when I was there for an open day so I'm tempted to choose that. I also like that there are more people in Endcliffe so more people to make friends with. Which should I choose? Also, are there any blocks in Endcliffe which are a bit quieter? Thanks :smile:
I'm in the same boat I really liked the edge but would prefer the quieter vibe of ranmoor. I think there will still be plenty of people in ranmoor to meet and the edge is only 5mins away apparently so I was just gonna go with ranmoor anyway. Idk if that helps at all sorry I'm not actually at the uni so can't really help 😅
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I'm in the same boat I really liked the edge but would prefer the quieter vibe of ranmoor. I think there will still be plenty of people in ranmoor to meet and the edge is only 5mins away apparently so I was just gonna go with ranmoor anyway. Idk if that helps at all sorry I'm not actually at the uni so can't really help 😅

Haha no worries, thank you though! I might just go for Ranmoor but I'm hoping they'll release the A or H blocks as I'm not sure about sharing a kitchen with 11 people haha.....
Hey did you guys decide in the end, im also curious as to what courses you're planning on taking? I've applied for EEE and I feel I'm in the same boat. Ranmoor sounds like the right choice for me tbh.
Hey did you guys decide in the end, im also curious as to what courses you're planning on taking? I've applied for EEE and I feel I'm in the same boat. Ranmoor sounds like the right choice for me tbh.

I'm doing medicine, I'm considering signing up for the "quieter accommodation" that's on offer, I'm still not sure. But at the moment it seems to be a choice between share between 11 or not
Oh nice, honestly I decided against the quieter accomodation but i still havent completed the accomodation booking. have you added a public profile?
Oh nice, honestly I decided against the quieter accomodation but i still havent completed the accomodation booking. have you added a public profile?

Yeah I actually decided against the quieter accom because you can't choose where you'll be placed but for the accommodation profile I think I mentioned how I can be more quiet sometimes so hopefully I attract roommates who are the same :h:
Hi I don't know if this is still an active thread but I'm in the same boat. I haven't got my login yet but have firmed Sheffield. I prefer endcliffe but like my sleep. I also hope that endcliffe will make me more social as well and I won't spend all my time alone. However I'm not sure where to go? Are there quieter blocks (not quiet specific flats) in endcliffe?
Hi I don't know if this is still an active thread but I'm in the same boat. I haven't got my login yet but have firmed Sheffield. I prefer endcliffe but like my sleep. I also hope that endcliffe will make me more social as well and I won't spend all my time alone. However I'm not sure where to go? Are there quieter blocks (not quiet specific flats) in endcliffe?

hey im not yet at the uni, but ive seen on other threads that there isnt that much differences in the "sociable" aspect of the two villages. you will also be sharing a floor with 10 people in ranmoor, and you can choose who youre sharing with. i went with ranmoor and i fit your criteria as well. hope this helps :smile:
Hello don't whether this is still relevant but I currently live in ranmoor and personally love it here. I share of six people and just want to make it clear there aren't only 10 person flats in ranmoor. Also there is barely a difference in the social aspect of the two villages, simply that there are a few less blocks in ranmoor. Also there's no big hill you have to walk everyday so that's a nice bonus. Personal I think that the ridge is better as it has great work spaces, pool table and a gym that the edge doesn't have! Hope this helps anyone worried about accommodation!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending