The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Biology Paper 1 7402/1 - 9 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the AQA A Level Biology Paper 1 exam go for you?

AQA A Level Biology Paper 1 7402/1 - 9 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Thursday 9th June PM
Length: 2h

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maisielytical

AQA A Level Biology Paper 1 2009566 - 9 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Thursday 9th June PM
Length: 2h

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Thanks for the heads up! I've made AQA A-Level Biology threads and put them in the Biology exams section! How are you feeling about the exams?
Original post by Mythical Pingu
Thanks for the heads up! I've made AQA A-Level Biology threads and put them in the Biology exams section! How are you feeling about the exams?

Very very nervous!
Very very nervous!

same thooo my teachers literally dont teach us and we've had to learn everything ourselves ! Hate bio
Original post by techwiz12345
same thooo my teachers literally dont teach us and we've had to learn everything ourselves ! Hate bio

Lol. My situation is pretty much the same for half the bio course which I do with one teacher and the whole of chemistry 🤣. That one bio teacher causes me so much anxiety tho…
So nervous :afraid:
Lol. My situation is pretty much the same for half the bio course which I do with one teacher and the whole of chemistry 🤣. That one bio teacher causes me so much anxiety tho…

ugh i feel your pain !!
Reply 7
Has anyone got tips on how to revise? I'm very very stressed as I would like to get an A so I can go to my top choice uni.
same i need to get an A
Reply 9
same i need to get an A

The subject is so insanely difficult because it's like playing a guessing game with what the mark schemes will want and it changes with each question.
Original post by ella.21
The subject is so insanely difficult because it's like playing a guessing game with what the mark schemes will want and it changes with each question.

tell me about it like u can learn a topic word for word but the mark schemes are annoying
has anyone finished the bio content ? we've still got like 2 chapters left
Original post by tbg1213
has anyone finished the bio content ? we've still got like 2 chapters left

same, we're currently doing the last two. chapter 13 (energy & ecosystems) with one teacher and chapter 19 (populations in ecosystems) with the other. : )
Original post by simxne_
same, we're currently doing the last two. chapter 13 (energy & ecosystems) with one teacher and chapter 19 (populations in ecosystems) with the other. : )

same and we still have gene tech to do !
same and we still have gene tech to do !

Original post by simxne_

ok cool, i was just worried we were behind 🥲 we're doing homeostasis and gene tech!
Nervous and scared, there are some key practicals we have not done.

Come on
Bio is great you just have to understand what is happening
Original post by Ardhil AS
Come on
Bio is great you just have to understand what is happening

yeah you're right! I dont truly hate bio its actually okay - i just have a rough relationship with my teachers
its like with other subjects you dont necessarily need that much teacher support unlike bio because the exam questions that come up take skills which from the look of it we all have quite bad teachers, who dont provide the support that a student needs. My teacher tends to waffle on about OCR because thats what my school used to teach, but not anymore. And when we do practice questions 95% no one knows the answer, and my teacher will literally read out the answer from the mark scheme and say' does that make sense now?', its not like we couldnt have done that too. i really struggle with what sort of thought process you should use to answer certain questions, and i'm having to train myself to somewhat try to understand where the answer came from and what i should do next time. Bio is really stressful :frown: and I need a B too
Original post by lotus9765.
its like with other subjects you dont necessarily need that much teacher support unlike bio because the exam questions that come up take skills which from the look of it we all have quite bad teachers, who dont provide the support that a student needs. My teacher tends to waffle on about OCR because thats what my school used to teach, but not anymore. And when we do practice questions 95% no one knows the answer, and my teacher will literally read out the answer from the mark scheme and say' does that make sense now?', its not like we couldnt have done that too. i really struggle with what sort of thought process you should use to answer certain questions, and i'm having to train myself to somewhat try to understand where the answer came from and what i should do next time. Bio is really stressful :frown: and I need a B too

I recommend watching A level biology help, Ms Estruch or Biology Carol on youtube. I like biology carols paper walk throughs and at the end of a level biology helps videos she goes through past papers too. I hope this helps!

Quick Reply