The Student Room Group

Southampton university 2022

Hiii I’m Ella, i thought i would make a thread for people firming Southampton or those who have it as their insurance/have an offer!

introduce yourself with:
your name
your subject
which accommodation you like
your a level subjects (or equivalent)

hopefully we can make some friends before our courses start💕

Scroll to see replies

hi! my names Maciej. I've firmed Southampton to study psychology and im currently doing psychology, business and economics at a level. Ideally I want to go into Wessex lane accommodation (or at least that's what I'm going to put as my first choice accommodation)

What about you !!
hey I’m karla !! I got an offer for PPE (Philosophy, Politics and Economics)
I’m currently doing English Lit, Maths and Business though I’m resitting all three in my gap year <3
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Hi I'm nina :smile: I've gotten an offer for PPE. I'm doing Econ, Maths and Physics!
Original post by nina2626
Hi I'm nina :smile: I've gotten an offer for PPE. I'm doing Econ, Maths and Physics!

ooo ppe offer too :biggrin: !!
Reply 5
Original post by cloudniineee
ooo ppe offer too :biggrin: !!

niceeeee, do you know if you're going to firm?
niceeeee, do you know if you're going to firm?

In a bit of a dilemma with this one! Do you have socials I can pm you on? :O It’s cool to know someone else whose interested in ppe!!!
Reply 7
In a bit of a dilemma with this one! Do you have socials I can pm you on? :O It’s cool to know someone else whose interested in ppe!!!

yes ofc!!!! my ig is ninapatel._ :smile:
Reply 8
Hey y'all!
My name is Simone, and I have firmed to study Psychology :smile: I have also just applied for accommodation, with glen eyre being my first choice followed by Wessex lane. I currently study English Literature, Sociology, and Psychology.
Always open to meeting friends, its nice to meet everyone :smile:
yes ofc!!!! my ig is ninapatel._ :smile:

I’m bheaxfva!!
I’m bheaxfva!!

requested! :smile:
I’m Ella! didn’t realise i hadn’t introduced myself!
I’ve firmed Southampton for English Lit and currently study English Lit, Psychology and Biology! I have an offer for Wessex Lane accommodation!
Do you have any social media or anything? I’ve firmed Southampton for psychology aswell and it would be nice to get to know someone that’s going :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Mxciej.j
Do you have any social media or anything? I’ve firmed Southampton for psychology aswell and it would be nice to get to know someone that’s going :smile:

My Instagram is x.simone3 !! :smile:
Hi my name is Zidan
I firmed BSc Economics and Actuarial Science
Preferably Wessex Lane
Maths Chemistry and Economics
Original post by thesongofellajay
I’m Ella! didn’t realise i hadn’t introduced myself!
I’ve firmed Southampton for English Lit and currently study English Lit, Psychology and Biology! I have an offer for Wessex Lane accommodation!

Hi,

It is great to see you have firmed Southampton to study English Lit! I am a current second year BA English student here at Southampton, so if you have any questions about the course I'd be happy to help answer them.

Any questions about the university more generally are also welcome!

Jasmine (an Official University of Southampton Rep):smile:
Hi, I can't decide between Southampton and another uni, what's Southampton (the city) and the uni really like? From your personal perspective
Original post by Joanna_xox
Hi, I can't decide between Southampton and another uni, what's Southampton (the city) and the uni really like? From your personal perspective

Hello,

3rd year Bm5 student at southampton here 👋

I personally would say that how you see Southampton as a city really depends on where you’re from! I come from a really big busy city, so southampton isn’t what I was used to. But I’ve definitely been enjoying my time here. There’s always something to do especially in city centre ( there are events happening, escape rooms, cinema,shopping…) There are also a lot of green spaces and you are close to the water, so on sunday I like to go for a brunch in ocean village and have little wander around.
The best thing about southampton has been how well connected it is to really nice towns and cities around it , you can take the train anywhere ( my favourite quick trips are the new forest and winchester).
The university campus is also quite green, and there’s always something happening there ( really enjoy the food market) 😊
There are also a lot of societies to join!

Hope this helps and ask away if you need anything else

Cynthia ( University of Southampton student ambassador)
Hey guys, my name is Neha and I’m going to firm Southampton for cardiac physiology. Atm I’m studying BTEC applied science and WJEC medical science :smile:
Reply 19
Hey I’m Shubh!
I currently hold an conditional offer for Law and I’ll be completing my A Levels this year.
I’m interested in Cumberland Place as my first year accommodation.
I studied Maths, Chemistry and Physics for my A Levels.
I had a question; how lenient is the uni regarding offers? My offer asks for AAA but let’s say i get A*AB, what are my chances of getting in?
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending