The Student Room Group

Double circulatory system help!

Could someone explain this diagram to me I don't understand it and I can't figure out how they've gotten these letters
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Sarwat.
Could someone explain this diagram to me I don't understand it and I can't figure out how they've gotten these letters

I think you need to post the diagram….
Reply 2
Original post by Nobody2u
I think you need to post the diagram….

I’ve posted!
Original post by Sarwat.
I’ve posted!

It wasn’t there before🤷🏼*♀️
1. Pulmonary refers to the lungs
2. Elastic recoil- think about high pressure
3. This time, think about low pressure
Essentially, a double circulatory system refers to a system where blood passes the heart twice in order to complete a circuit. This means that oxygenated and deoxygenated blood are divided into 2 chambers and cannot mix, hence making it more effecient than a single circulatory system found in fish.
Remember that you're looking at the heart as you're facing another person so right and left are flipped.
If we start from the left artium, blood moves to the left ventricle then through the aorta to the rest of the body. Oxygen is used and deoxygenated blood returns to the heart via the vena cava into the right atrium, right ventricle then leaves via the pulmonary trunk to the lungs. Blood is oxygenated and returns to the heart via the pulmonary vein back to the left atrium.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Nobody2u
It wasn’t there before🤷🏼*♀️

Yeah sorry about that I forgot to attach the screenshots
Reply 6
Original post by hungrysalamander
1. Pulmonary refers to the lungs
2. Elastic recoil- think about high pressure
3. This time, think about low pressure
Essentially, a double circulatory system refers to a system where blood passes the heart twice in order to complete a circuit. This means that oxygenated and deoxygenated blood are divided into 2 chambers and cannot mix, hence making it more effecient than a single circulatory system found in fish.
Remember that you're looking at the heart as you're facing another person so right and left are flipped.
If we start from the left artium, blood moves to the left ventricle then through the aorta to the rest of the body. Oxygen is used and deoxygenated blood returns to the heart via the vena cava into the left atrium, left ventricle then leaves via the pulmonary trunk to the lungs. Blood is oxygenated and returns to the heart via the pulmonary vein back to the left atrium.

ohhh okay I get it now, thank you so much!! Have a good day (:
Original post by Sarwat.
ohhh okay I get it now, thank you so much!! Have a good day (:

Oh gosh sorry I made a slight mistake in my post. It should be fixed now! :smile:
Reply 8
Oh don’t worry about it, I got what you meant! (:
Original post by Sarwat.
Yeah sorry about that I forgot to attach the screenshots

No worries but looks like someone beat me to it for the reply!😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending