The Student Room Group

how to revise a level history content?

I'm struggling to revise the content for the depth study of a-level history- does any one have any advise on how to consolidate key arguments and ideas into summaries cause I find it very time-consuming😭? thanks v much!
Reply 1
what topics are you studying? i've seen some great revision notes for tudors and Germany
Reply 2
Original post by safahJ
what topics are you studying? i've seen some great revision notes for tudors and Germany

ahhh dang- I'm studying wars of the roses and tsarist Russia, that's okay though!
Original post by safahJ

Could you send it to me please.
Reply 4
Original post by safahJ

Could you tell me where you found these notes please
I made heaps of essay plans! It’s a good way to go over content and make sure you’re remembering the right stuff. I put certain stuff in bold and used colours to differentiate between AOs and key content. You can get questions from any exam board so long as you plan out answers in line with your own mark scheme. Other than that I made mindmaps of the key key events, and quizlet to fill gaps around dates. But honestly the more you naturally go over things for class h/w essays and stuff you slowly absorb things. But essay plans were key for me in y13. Good luck!
Reply 7
Original post by rs_1
Could you tell me where you found these notes please

yes here they are. I got these and honestly they've improved my grades so much. can't recommend them enough

https://www.stuvia.com/bundle/112481/aqa-a-level-history-the-tudors-1c-complete-revision-guide

https://www.stuvia.com/doc/1429202/aqa-history-german-democracy-and-nazism-year-12-revision-notes

Do you know any for Edexcel?
Reply 9
no, but tbf the content really is the same despite different exam boards. you can't change history .
Reply 10
Original post by To__j
ahhh dang- I'm studying wars of the roses and tsarist Russia, that's okay though!

check stuvia nevertheless- revision notes are available there
Original post by justjas33
I made heaps of essay plans! It’s a good way to go over content and make sure you’re remembering the right stuff. I put certain stuff in bold and used colours to differentiate between AOs and key content. You can get questions from any exam board so long as you plan out answers in line with your own mark scheme. Other than that I made mindmaps of the key key events, and quizlet to fill gaps around dates. But honestly the more you naturally go over things for class h/w essays and stuff you slowly absorb things. But essay plans were key for me in y13. Good luck!

Did you do tudors AQA?
Original post by BellaLily224
Did you do tudors AQA?

Nope, I did Early tudors OCR, only during y12 though (we never returned to it, no exams and stuff meant it got sidelined)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending