The Student Room Group

Can I still get into the uni of Leeds through clearing?

So I applied to the University of Leeds to study law. I got rejected from the uni. Can I still somehow get a place in the university through clearing? It was literally my dream university.
Also what are the chances that the University of Leeds will have courses available similar to law or law that would be in clearing?

Leeds will not be in clearing this year. Sorry, you can always reapply with achieved grades?
Law is a popular course, and is not usually in clearing. There's no guarantee any course at Leeds will be in clearing. Note that universities don't take rejections lightly, if they could have offered you a space, they would have. Your rejection should be seen as an indication to the incredibly stiff competition for law this year, and it will unlikely be in clearing.

A less popular course is criminology, which might or might not be in clearing.

Edit: nvm, try looking at another university. Leeds is not in clearing at all for any subject this year; they have filled their spots.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Anonymous
So I applied to the University of Leeds to study law. I got rejected from the uni. Can I still somehow get a place in the university through clearing? It was literally my dream university.
Also what are the chances that the University of Leeds will have courses available similar to law or law that would be in clearing?

If the course is in clearing, (and I haven’t checked whether it’s open now, if not, very unlikely), then yes, you could potentially get in if you meet the clearing requirements.

However, it’s not really possible to guess whether it’ll be available as it’s going to be another odd year for results.
@LawApplicant03
@econhelp525

Thanks guys,
I’ve applied for student finance so if I take a gap year to reapply, what happens to that money?
@LawApplicant03
@econhelp525

Thanks guys,
I’ve applied for student finance so if I take a gap year to reapply, what happens to that money?

Best guess would be you inform student finance that you no longer wish to take the course. They don't make any payments to you or the university until you're enrolled, anyway.
Original post by Admit-One
If the course is in clearing, (and I haven’t checked whether it’s open now, if not, very unlikely), then yes, you could potentially get in if you meet the clearing requirements.

However, it’s not really possible to guess whether it’ll be available as it’s going to be another odd year for results.

Hi, is there any way of finding out what is in clearing for LLB Law this year please? I’m not applying this year, I will be for 2023 entry and so I was just curious really.
Hi, is there any way of finding out what is in clearing for LLB Law this year please? I’m not applying this year, I will be for 2023 entry and so I was just curious really.

Clearing hasn’t started this year yet. When I referred to a course being ‘open’ above, I meant to later applications or Extra.
Clearing hasn’t started this year yet. When I referred to a course being ‘open’ above, I meant to later applications or Extra.

Thank you. I have seen someone else mention specific places in Extra - think Cardiff & Nottingham were two which surprised me. So when clearing opens, will there be any way to publicly see places?
Thank you. I have seen someone else mention specific places in Extra - think Cardiff & Nottingham were two which surprised me. So when clearing opens, will there be any way to publicly see places?

They should be listed on UCAS as well as possibly on the uni’s respective websites.
They should be listed on UCAS as well as possibly on the uni’s respective websites.

But as I’m not applying for entry this year how can I see UCAS? Is it not just people who have an account?
I’m hoping someone might do a thread on here with vacancies as it’s been useful in the past. I’ll also look at websites but this appears to be hit & miss from my research. Thanks
But as I’m not applying for entry this year how can I see UCAS? Is it not just people who have an account?
I’m hoping someone might do a thread on here with vacancies as it’s been useful in the past. I’ll also look at websites but this appears to be hit & miss from my research. Thanks

You can see vacancies on UCAS without having an account. You don’t need to be logged in. Just search for the course by whatever criteria you fancy and then filter for “has vacancies”.
Fab, that’s really useful. Thank you for your help.

Quick Reply