The Student Room Group

Which is the better university for Business and Management

I am an international student from India and am planning my masters in business and management in the UK. I have received offers from the following and am confused about which will be better overall. University of Bath(MSc Int. Management), University of Leeds (MSc Int. Business), University of Birmingham (MSc Management), Bayes Business School (formerly Cass) (MSc Management), Lancaster University (MSc. Management)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bath
Bath.
It has the best Management courses in the UK.
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
Bath.
It has the best Management courses in the UK.

Hi! Thanks for your response! But could you elaborate why bath? Its non-Russel Group and also isn't triple accredited. How are the job prospects after the International Management course? Any help would be appreciated. And is it truly better than Leeds or say Birmingham, which are a lot higher ranked that Bath internationally?
Original post by cad99
Hi! Thanks for your response! But could you elaborate why bath? Its non-Russel Group and also isn't triple accredited. How are the job prospects after the International Management course? Any help would be appreciated. And is it truly better than Leeds or say Birmingham, which are a lot higher ranked that Bath internationally?

I'm currently comparing universities for a uni project. I think Bath is the only university from the ones mentioned with a master in the top 100 management programs. This definitely is a bonus for reputation, especially when applying abroad. Feel free to see for yourself (I am not earning money from it) targetuniversities.com
Bayes is really good. It's triple accredited, which is important for Business and Management degrees. You're paying a lot of money, not worth going to a place where you wouldn't get this. Birmingham is good to with this in mind.

Bath is excellent for undergraduate. Don't know much about postgraduate. But the other two I mentioned are strong in postgraduate study.
Reply 6
Original post by econhelp525
Bayes is really good. It's triple accredited, which is important for Business and Management degrees. You're paying a lot of money, not worth going to a place where you wouldn't get this. Birmingham is good to with this in mind.

Bath is excellent for undergraduate. Don't know much about postgraduate. But the other two I mentioned are strong in postgraduate study.

Alright! I get your point. Leeds also is triple accredited. What would your choice be between Uni of Birmingham vs Leeds?
Reply 7
Original post by Maggellan
I'm currently comparing universities for a uni project. I think Bath is the only university from the ones mentioned with a master in the top 100 management programs. This definitely is a bonus for reputation, especially when applying abroad. Feel free to see for yourself (I am not earning money from it) targetuniversities.comany

Any idea about the part-time work opportunities? Also, how's the employability? My only dilemma is that Bath is not even in top 150 in QS World Rankings whereas Birmingham and Leeds are in the top 100. Will that make a difference?
Original post by cad99
Any idea about the part-time work opportunities? Also, how's the employability? My only dilemma is that Bath is not even in top 150 in QS World Rankings whereas Birmingham and Leeds are in the top 100. Will that make a difference?

Sorry no idea about part-time work. For employability it really depends on what you want to do afterwards, but I guess as long as the university is part of the good ones in the UK and you got top grades you can do anything. I found out that Bath is also in the financial times top 100 European business schools. I have the feeling that the financial times ranking is more important for business degrees than the QS world, especially in Europe. An additional factor to consider might be the location. Many people from abroad that I have met do not like Birmingham at all.
Reply 9
Original post by cad99

University of bath is a Russell group
Original post by cad99
Alright! I get your point. Leeds also is triple accredited. What would your choice be between Uni of Birmingham vs Leeds?

Birmingham probably, because I've seen alumni from my university go do Masters from Birmingham and then go onto working in various areas within front-office finance. But I doubt there would be much difference between the two, I just don't know much about Leeds. If they're both triple accredited, then it doesn't really matter. They're both RG too.

Original post by Ten-Ten
University of bath is a Russell group

No it's not.
Reply 11
Thanks for the response. Also I read something about Leeds and Birmingham being rather unsafe. I might sound silly, but I wanted to know if the crime rates are high against students per se? And if that should be a deciding factor? Considering the fact that both Birmingham and Leeds are so high ranked. I'm sure they're really well reputed in the country and safety shouldn't be barring me from getting an admit to any of these unis.
Reply 12
Is that true? I mean how well reputed is Birmingham Business School? It is triple-accredited and hence I presume it definitely packs in one of the best experiences in terms of teaching and the overall employability according to the High Fliers Report I read a couple of days back stated that Birmingham is the top targeted university in the UK
Reply 13
Original post by cad99
I am an international student from India and am planning my masters in business and management in the UK. I have received offers from the following and am confused about which will be better overall. University of Bath(MSc Int. Management), University of Leeds (MSc Int. Business), University of Birmingham (MSc Management), Bayes Business School (formerly Cass) (MSc Management), Lancaster University (MSc. Management)

Hey, I am in a similar situation, may I know which of these are you leaning most toward?
Original post by cad99
Is that true? I mean how well reputed is Birmingham Business School? It is triple-accredited and hence I presume it definitely packs in one of the best experiences in terms of teaching and the overall employability according to the High Fliers Report I read a couple of days back stated that Birmingham is the top targeted university in the UK

Indeed, Birmingham is a very good business school, you certainly have nothing to worry about. Their employability ratings are superb too. Don't worry much about crime statistics, they're no higher than any other large city.
Reply 15
Original post by chai99
Hey, I am in a similar situation, may I know which of these are you leaning most toward?

I'm mostly leaning towards Bath or Birmingham mostly because of the course structure and scholarship scope. Plus Birmingham sort of packs in the best of everything.
Reply 16
Original post by econhelp525
Indeed, Birmingham is a very good business school, you certainly have nothing to worry about. Their employability ratings are superb too. Don't worry much about crime statistics, they're no higher than any other large city.

Alright! Thank you so much for the insights.
If you go for Birmingham you have to live there :frown:
Reply 18
Original post by Thisismyunitsr
If you go for Birmingham you have to live there :frown:

So, is that a good or a bad thing? And could you also elaborate why?
Original post by cad99
So, is that a good or a bad thing? And could you also elaborate why?

It’s a meme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending