The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Bartlett Real Estate and Planning MSc

Hi everyone. I have made my masters application and I am waiting now but I am so nervous. Please can someone enlighten me on how long it took for them to get a reply from UCL? Also if you applied for the same course as me let me know we can keep in touch.

Scroll to see replies

Hi, i have applied to the same course as you, what is your background?:smile: Did you apply 2 days ago? My application has been under assesment for about 6 weeks.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Hi I applied about a week ago. My application has been under assessment since the 15th. I acc called them earlier this week and the person I spoke to said they are currently working on a 6-8 week turnaround time. Let me know how yours goes. I am finishing my undergrad in Business Management and Marketing this summer. Do you come from a degree already in this field?
Original post by YaaLord
Hi I applied about a week ago. My application has been under assessment since the 15th. I acc called them earlier this week and the person I spoke to said they are currently working on a 6-8 week turnaround time. Let me know how yours goes. I am finishing my undergrad in Business Management and Marketing this summer. Do you come from a degree already in this field?

Oh okay, thank you for the information. Some courses this year have an higher number of applications than usual, and the departments have notified students this when they have contacted regarding their application (in our case, since they didnt mention this, its unlikely to be the case for us).

Mine is at 6 week mark right now, and its still "under assessment", so i might hear something soon. I also have an undergrad in business:smile: Do you have any work experience?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Oh okay, thank you for the information. Some courses this year have an higher number of applications than usual, and the departments have notified students this when they have contacted regarding their application (in our case, since they didnt mention this, its unlikely to be the case for us).

Mine is at 6 week mark right now, and its still "under assessment", so i might hear something soon. I also have an undergrad in business:smile: Do you have any work experience?

Hi no I don't have experience in the field as of now but I'm looking to do an internship in the summer time at a property development firm. You?
Original post by YaaLord
Hi no I don't have experience in the field as of now but I'm looking to do an internship in the summer time at a property development firm. You?

Sorry for late reply... Yeah i have had 1 year experience with property development.

Have you heard anything from UCL? Mine is at 7 weeks now, and still "application under assessment"
Reply 6
Hey no worries. That’s really good you having some experience it will deffo give you the upper hand. I am still waiting to hear back. No change on my portal either. You really only have 1 more weeks wait and you should hear back. I’m still going to be waiting 4-6weeks. very daunting. Let me know if you hear back
Original post by YaaLord
Hey no worries. That’s really good you having some experience it will deffo give you the upper hand. I am still waiting to hear back. No change on my portal either. You really only have 1 more weeks wait and you should hear back. I’m still going to be waiting 4-6weeks. very daunting. Let me know if you hear back

Yeah i should hear back soon. I have seen people waiting 16 weeks still no reply...

I also saw that they changed the application deadline from 31 march to May, maybe there is less applications for the course this year? When you talked to the department, they said 6-8 weeks?
Original post by YaaLord

Just saw that the programme got closed... So they changed it back from May to 31 march
Reply 9
I wonder if it was just an error. Have any of you's heard back now?
Original post by YaaLord
I wonder if it was just an error. Have any of you's heard back now?

Hi, i got an email from UCL admissions couple of days ago saying:

We wanted to get in touch to confirm that we are still considering your application. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we have received we may not be able to provide you with a decision within the next two weeks. We are very sorry about this as we know that waiting for a university decision can be an anxious time.

It is usual for some applicants to receive decisions before others. Delays in considering your application doesn't mean that your application will be unsuccessful.

Super stresful as its my eight week since references recieved. Have you recieved this email from admissions?
Reply 11
Hi, i got an email from UCL admissions couple of days ago saying:

We wanted to get in touch to confirm that we are still considering your application. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we have received we may not be able to provide you with a decision within the next two weeks. We are very sorry about this as we know that waiting for a university decision can be an anxious time.

It is usual for some applicants to receive decisions before others. Delays in considering your application doesn't mean that your application will be unsuccessful.

Super stresful as its my eight week since references recieved. Have you recieved this email from admissions?

Stoppp it!!!! That’s super frustrating. I haven’t received this email and my application is still being considered no update has been made on portal for 3/4 weeks now. Very daunting. Annoyingly for me I want to apply for a scholarship and the dead line is in May so not sure what to do if I do not receive a reply by then.
Original post by YaaLord
Stoppp it!!!! That’s super frustrating. I haven’t received this email and my application is still being considered no update has been made on portal for 3/4 weeks now. Very daunting. Annoyingly for me I want to apply for a scholarship and the dead line is in May so not sure what to do if I do not receive a reply by then.

Really frustrating... And the program is closed for new applicants being that they have reached a sufficent amount of applicants
Original post by YaaLord

Still no reply... now 2 weeks after i recieved the email. I have offers from other schools, so i want to contact the department regarding my application... What contact info did you use?
Reply 14
Still no reply... now 2 weeks after i recieved the email. I have offers from other schools, so i want to contact the department regarding my application... What contact info did you use?

Hello, I called 02080590939. The wait is extremely daunting so I can imagine how you feel. Would this be your first choice or are you happy to go elsewhere.
Original post by YaaLord
Hello, I called 02080590939. The wait is extremely daunting so I can imagine how you feel. Would this be your first choice or are you happy to go elsewhere.

I think UCL is my first choice. What about you?

Also where did you send the email inquiry ? or did you call them? I dont know whats the best way for me to contact them:smile:
Reply 16
I think UCL is my first choice. What about you?

Also where did you send the email inquiry ? or did you call them? I dont know whats the best way for me to contact them:smile:

They acc never replied to my emails. I think best way is to call them
I applied to Bartlett's also (Spatial Planning MSc) and have been waiting for what feels like AGES. I'm relieved I'm not the only one waiting... They've not even sent an email saying things are taking longer than usual for my course- it just says my application is "under assessment".

Might also give them a call because other unis have deadlines to accept their offers if I don't get into UCL.
Reply 18
Original post by matmad94
I applied to Bartlett's also (Spatial Planning MSc) and have been waiting for what feels like AGES. I'm relieved I'm not the only one waiting... They've not even sent an email saying things are taking longer than usual for my course- it just says my application is "under assessment".

Might also give them a call because other unis have deadlines to accept their offers if I don't get into UCL.

Honestly it is super frustrating this wait. And I would like to apply for a scholarship as well so I need an answer as soon as possible.
Original post by matmad94

Did you contact them?? Still waiting.. this is my 12th week

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending