The Student Room Group

Foreign Office (FCDO) AO, EO & HEO Roles

Did anyone apply to the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office's mass recruitment drive for Administrative Officer (AO), Executive Officer (EO) and Higher Executive Officer (HEO) roles advertised in February?

I believe the deadline was extended for some/all of the roles into early March. Just wondering whether anyone has heard anything back and how you've found the process so far.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lojawa
Did anyone apply to the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office's mass recruitment drive for Administrative Officer (AO), Executive Officer (EO) and Higher Executive Officer (HEO) roles advertised in February?

I believe the deadline was extended for some/all of the roles into early March. Just wondering whether anyone has heard anything back and how you've found the process so far.

I know someone that has applied for these roles. I think they are still waiting to hear back after submitting their application
Reply 2
It was a huge campaign and then the Ukraine stuff started so I imagine there will be large delays with this one. Good luck to all who applied!
Reply 3
Hi guys,

I am seeking some support around HEO behaviors, is anyone willing to share some examples just to have an idea? I am happy to exchange skills and ideas - I am a qualified personal trainer
Reply 4
Original post by Hertron
Hi guys,

I am seeking some support around HEO behaviors, is anyone willing to share some examples just to have an idea? I am happy to exchange skills and ideas - I am a qualified personal trainer

If you take a look at some HEO jobs on Civil Service jobs there may be a PDF document entitled 'Hints and Tips on Behaviour Examples,' which is quite useful in helping you narrow it down. There are also quite a few YouTube videos which discuss specific behaviours, and the National Careers Service runs webinars on applying to the Civil Service every so often.
Just got a rejection from the AO role. I'm an HEO in an OGD, so I was hoping for interview practice, but still a bit miffed. Guess it doesn't bode well for my other applications.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who gets through the sift.
Reply 6
Original post by GuyPerron
Just got a rejection from the AO role. I'm an HEO in an OGD, so I was hoping for interview practice, but still a bit miffed. Guess it doesn't bode well for my other applications.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who gets through the sift.

Sorry to hear that, I think they've probably had an enormous number of applications so a rejection in that context doesn't mean you weren't fit for the job.

Out of interest, what's an OGD, and did you apply for the EO and HEO roles too given that you're already an HEO?
I got an e-mail from FCDO on Thursday, saying how the process has been delayed but that they expect to confirm outcomes in the near future. Does anyone have an idea on how long FCDO usually take in their recruitment cycles?
Have been offered an interview for one of the AO roles, but received basically no info on what it will entail, other than that the listed competencies would be assessed. They didn't provide an email address to contact anyone either.

Also applied for the EO and HEO positions and got the email about those being delayed.
Reply 9
Has anyone applied whose interested in the posts based at East Kilbride? I receiving holding email on the 31st March advising of the delays. Have applied for the EO role.
I don't think that the delays are location-specific, I had an AO interview earlier in the week and they said that they had received 9k applications across the 3 sets of vacancies so I reckon it's more to do with that.
Original post by Juranovic
I don't think that the delays are location-specific, I had an AO interview earlier in the week and they said that they had received 9k applications across the 3 sets of vacancies so I reckon it's more to do with that.

I wasn’t necessarily thinking that the delay had anything to do with location just more curious where most had applied from. 9k is a huge response. Thanks that’s good to know. Will help managing expectations.
Has anyone else been invited for an interview this morning? I’ve tried to book a slot but there are none available and the instruction is to keep trying. Also unsure what the format is of the interview? Whether it the “intray exercise” and then a full competency interview.? Anyone else in a similar situation. Thanks
Reply 13
I've also been invited to interview for an EO role but they don't seem to have made any slots available yet
I guess we just have to keep trying. I think the email said they would be in contact when more slots were available .
Original post by Ehay7424
Has anyone else been invited for an interview this morning? I’ve tried to book a slot but there are none available and the instruction is to keep trying. Also unsure what the format is of the interview? Whether it the “intray exercise” and then a full competency interview.? Anyone else in a similar situation. Thanks

Hello - good luck with the interview!! Which grade did you apply for and are interviews being held in person? Thanks!
Original post by Alwicw1900
Hello - good luck with the interview!! Which grade did you apply for and are interviews being held in person? Thanks!

EO Grade and it’s a Video Interview.
Original post by Ehay7424
EO Grade and it’s a Video Interview.

Thanks for your response - I hope it goes well! I’m waiting to hear from the HEO role 🤞🏻
Best of luck. Hope it goes well for you.
Interview slots were available for Mon-Thur next week (25th-28th). I waited to speak to my manager and agree a day that I could take off and when I went back an hour later they were all gone. Hopefully more come up for next week because the following week is going to be very busy for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending