The Student Room Group

I dont have A level but I have a Bachelor degree.

Can I apply with my bachelor degree in Pyschology with a high 2:1 for another bachelor. I dont have my A levels but was still offered a place at my former University. I want to do a new Bachelor in Midwifery but am worried I would be able to since I dont have A level diploma (went 3 years of Internation Bacceleurette but didnt achieve the points needed for a diploma).
Maybe, it'll be up to the uni in question. Ask them directly to find out!

Usually there are other routes for mature students without A-levels to study at degree level, including foundation years or Access to HE courses. As you already have a degree that may by itself be sufficient, unless there are particular required subjects for midwifery.
Original post by uk035554
Can I apply with my bachelor degree in Pyschology with a high 2:1 for another bachelor. I dont have my A levels but was still offered a place at my former University. I want to do a new Bachelor in Midwifery but am worried I would be able to since I dont have A level diploma (went 3 years of Internation Bacceleurette but didnt achieve the points needed for a diploma).

I've got onto a Midwifery course with my degree (Geology). My A-Levels were awful, but many will take you on with only a bachelors degree. Just make sure you have the appropriate gcse's.

This is a list of uni's that accept degrees for entrance to a midwifery course - I added links to their pages (There may be more, but these were the ones that I found):
University of Bradford
University of Bedfordshire
King's College London
Kingston University
University of East Anglia
University of Sheffield
Sheffield Hallam University
University of Hull
Oxford Brookes University
University of Plymouth
Birmingham City University
Keele University
University of Manchester
Cumbria University
University of West Scotland
Liverpool John Moores University (Do check Psychology is considered a health or science subject before applying)
Queen's University Belfast
University of Leicester (Do check psychology is considered a relevant subject)
Robert Gordon University (Do check psychology is considered a relevant subject)
Northumbria University - Unsure if you would be able to apply here, but linked just in case.

Hope this helps!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by EsteriaAnn
I've got onto a Midwifery course with my degree (Geology). My A-Levels were awful, but many will take you on with only a bachelors degree. Just make sure you have the appropriate gcse's.

This is a list of uni's that accept degrees for entrance to a midwifery course - I added links to their pages (There may be more, but these were the ones that I found):
University of Bradford
King's College London
Kingston University
University of Sheffield
University of Hull
University of Plymouth
Keele University
University of Manchester
Cumbria University
Liverpool John Moores University (Do check Psychology is considered a health or science subject before applying)
Northumbria University - Unsure if you would be able to apply here, but linked just in case.

Hope this helps!

Original post by uk035554

Hi

Yes you can use your pyshology degree for midwifing course. Providing you meet the necessary universities entry requirements for the course then you won't have any issues with it. Check out your chosen universities and see what the requirements are for those and take it from there.

A NHS registered midwife here
Original post by EsteriaAnn

University of Bradford
King's College London
Kingston University
University of Sheffield
University of Hull
University of Plymouth
Keele University
University of Manchester
Cumbria University

Hope this helps!

Robert Gordon university and Edinburgh Napier university accepts pyshology as part of the course requirements but OP should check out there necessary universities that they thinking of going to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending