The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Does Coventry round the overall grade?

Hi everyone, does anyone know what percentage is a first at Coventry? I know 70% is the actual boundary but I know some universities give you a first if you get a 67/68% as long as you get a first in your last 6 assignments. I was wondering if that was the case with Cov
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone, does anyone know what percentage is a first at Coventry? I know 70% is the actual boundary but I know some universities give you a first if you get a 67/68% as long as you get a first in your last 6 assignments. I was wondering if that was the case with Cov

See Academic Regulations and scroll down to "Section 6 and 6b: Regulations for the Undergraduate Curriculum Framework". You first need to establish whether yours is a Section 6 (Mode C) course or a Section 6b (Mode E) course. I assume the latter, in which case you can follow the relevant link and then scroll down to section "6b.11 Award and classification". That contains all the gory details - which are far too complicated to summarise here.
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Hi there,

My name is El and above 70% is a 1st, anything in the 60s is 2:1/2:2. From my own personal knowledge, Coventry doesn't round up it's grades as I've gotten plenty of 68s and still be marked as a 2:1.

From when I google it for you it says: The method for calculating Merit & Distinction is as follows: Distinction: The average of at least 70% in the 150 credits worth of level M modules with the highest marks. Merit: The average of at least 60% but less than 70% in the 150 credits worth of level M modules with the highest marks.

But you can get in contact with the University if you need this to be answered:
https://www.coventry.ac.uk/the-university/

Hope this helps,

El
(edited 2 years ago)

Hey,

Are you talking about your final grade for your classification degree? If so, then there's a possibility your percentage can be rounded up, especially if it's around 59.8/9, 69.8/9 or so on. This is only likely to happen if the score is above 0.5. However, I'm unsure where the boundaries lie when the exam board decides to round up or down exactly.
The university has two methods in calculating the final degree classification and whichever you score the highest in is what the university will give you.

I hope this helps.

Veronica
Student Ambassador
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest