The Student Room Group

A-level Biology Best Study Book? (AQA) & Chemistry?

Hello, I was wondering what is the best Study book used to revise all topics of A-level Biology (AQA). I am studying it by myself I tried to enrol into Cloudlearn and they were terrible, so I have to do it myself now.

If anyone has anything for Chemistry too (AQA)?
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
Hello, I was wondering what is the best Study book used to revise all topics of A-level Biology (AQA). I am studying it by myself I tried to enrol into Cloudlearn and they were terrible, so I have to do it myself now.

If anyone has anything for Chemistry too (AQA)?

Hi again

I just posted on your Maths thread :biggrin:

I personally would recommend Chem revise revision guides as I used them for my own resit alongside my own notes.
You may also find Seneca learning useful for bio and chem too. Once your comfortable with all content I recommend doing past papers from Physics and Maths tutor.

Good luck for all your resits! :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by TriplexA
Hi again

I just posted on your Maths thread :biggrin:

I personally would recommend Chem revise revision guides as I used them for my own resit alongside my own notes.
You may also find Seneca learning useful for bio and chem too. Once your comfortable with all content I recommend doing past papers from Physics and Maths tutor.

Good luck for all your resits! :smile:

Thank you, although it's not really a resit it's just doing the exams by myself this time round :biggrin:
Is Chem Revise a website or something?
And Seneca learning?

For sure thank you!
Thank you, although it's not really a resit it's just doing the exams by myself this time round :biggrin:
Is Chem Revise a website or something?
And Seneca learning?

For sure thank you!

Oh wow that's ambitious - is this for dentistry?

Yes they're both websites. Chem revise is note based (for the entire content + practicals) and Seneca is an interactive learning platform which you can access for free by creating an account.

Any Chem advice feel free to ask me :smile:
Otherwise good luck!
(edited 2 years ago)
Oh wow that's ambitious - is this for dentistry?

Yes they're both websites. Chem revise is note based (for the entire content + practicals) and Seneca is an interactive learning platform which you can access for free by creating an account.

Any Chem advice feel free to ask me :smile:
Otherwise good luck!

Yes I think I mentioned this :biggrin:

Thank you I appreciate it, from looking at Seneca learning it truly is good lol I paid £905 for a course with Cloud learn for A-level Bio, Chem & Maths it was so obvious that everything was copy and pasted and nothing was in depth as though it was just AS level.. I requested a refund now hopefully they refund me.
Yes I think I mentioned this :biggrin:

Thank you I appreciate it, from looking at Seneca learning it truly is good lol I paid £905 for a course with Cloud learn for A-level Bio, Chem & Maths it was so obvious that everything was copy and pasted and nothing was in depth as though it was just AS level.. I requested a refund now hopefully they refund me.

Glad you're liking Seneca - I found it more useful for bio.

That so much for a bad resource 0: - hoping you get that refund! :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Glad you're liking Seneca - I found it more useful for bio.

That so much for a bad resource 0: - hoping you get that refund! :smile:

haha fr :biggrin: hopefully they refund me the scammers!
I use OUP for bio along with notes from savemyexams, it's great. I also have CGP and Hodder books but I prefer OUP for bio.

For chem, it's CGP with chemrevise for me
Original post by summerbirdreads
I use OUP for bio along with notes from savemyexams, it's great. I also have CGP and Hodder books but I prefer OUP for bio.

Thank you appreciated Summer :smile:
Original post by summerbirdreads

Regarding OUP though is that a Book? I can't seem to find it :frown:
when are your exams? for biology aqa i would really recommend cgp and crashcoursebiology on youtube esp for muscles and a change in learning

chemistry - i did ocr a but i found the revision book a waste and the original textbook and main past papers are enough
also i used khan academy on youtube for some topics
Original post by planktion34
when are your exams? for biology aqa i would really recommend cgp and crashcoursebiology on youtube esp for muscles and a change in learning

chemistry - i did ocr a but i found the revision book a waste and the original textbook and main past papers are enough
also i used khan academy on youtube for some topics

They will be in May/June 2023 I believe :smile:
Thanks for the advice I'll use those :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending